Colin Kaepernick delivers poignant speech after accepting humanitarian award

• Thread starter Thread starter RootKitWarrior
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that what the jesuits refer to it as? The same could be said of me. Either way it’s also just facts. Most people don’t know Colin from his early years because he came out of an isolated school in an isolated conference where he wasn’t the best player. So the Colin that most people know is his fashioned image as a social justice leader. When that wasn’t always the case. Colin has done well in his “injustice”. Again, I’m just as qualified to be the face of a movement as he is.

I know exactly what he protests! Nike and the abuse of a race of people and children in China. Right!?

I’m not sure Kaepernick does himself - ROFL

He certainly wasn’t donating to any of ‘his causes’ until after he was called out, on it.
Those are non-answers.
Either way it’s also just facts.
Actually, what you posted is a logical fallacy. ‘The truth is the truth no matter who speaks it.’ One doesn’t need ‘standing’ to call out injustice.

Last edited:
No, what I posted was information about Colin before his activism. That is what most people don’t know. In the nfl there are legitimate players who have been beaten, feared for their life, arrested needlessly, live in racially dangerous places, been shot, were involved in drugs, had no parental love or influence and though attending a school, have no real education. These are the players who are having their voice drowned out by a man who is somehow the face of a movement. When Colin speaks to the injustice he experienced he is misrepresenting those who have legitimate complaints in our society.
Colin and Tebow have more common than the radical left and Christian right care to admit. Both led a movement, both controversially kneeled to bring awareness to a belief. Both were not statistically great in the nfl. Both were ostracized more for their positions off the field than on. Both found themselves so controversial that it outweighed their talent. Both became undesirable as players. Both were offered opportunities to return but it wasn’t in the way they wanted. And both continue their work to this day. The two main differences is that Tim Tebow lived the very belief system he espouses and he won championships.

For someone who supposedly hasn’t done anything useful people get really mad at Kaepernick.

Last edited:
No, what I posted was information about Colin before his activism.
Which is irrelevant unless he took a contrary position before his activism.

Look, concentrate on what he is protesting about. The rest is irrelevant. I know that his mom is white. I know he’s a Kappa. Those facts are irrelevant.

Let’s concentrate on what’s important.

Including sports commentator Stephen A. Smith, when he found out Kaepernick doesn’t vote in elections.

But you don’t know him. You probably never saw a single snap of his college career. You’ve never been In a room with him personally. You didn’t grow up where he grew up. It’s not that his beliefs were contrary before, it’s that they were silent. And then when they weren’t silent he said how he was treated unjustly growing up. He wasn’t. Some are. Colin didn’t speak of these things on the Nevada field.
Colin is a media made leader of a political movement you probably agree with. However, he isn’t what is presented and his cry for justice has incredible flaws.
The nfl discarded him when they felt he was a distraction, they love him now because it helps their image! The whole thing really has nothing to do with racial equality or injustice but rather capitalizing on public opinion.

His background formed his current beliefs, or so he himself claims, so its entirely relevant. His middle class privilege is deserving of note. Do you know his beliefs and how they changed and evolved and perhaps why?

. . . . This happens to be a subject I’m well versed and have knowledge in so I’ve joined the conversation. Regrettably

Last edited:
Colin is of the world. If you don’t understand where I’m going with that, then “Google” “What does the bible say about loving the world”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back