Column:10 reasons not to kill Bush

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sirach14
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Sirach14:
What can I say about an article such as this?

uwire.com/content/topops052505002.html
Talking about murdering anyone, especially the president of the United States, even in jest is a dangerous passtime and inappropriate. To talk about it in jest is sophomoric at best. It comes as not surprise that it was published in a university newspaper.
 
Frankly, I was impressed by the last couple of paragraphs in the column. More gracious than my campus newspaper might be. Anyway, I was shocked to see that morality even got the #10 spot!
 
It’s from dippy Oregon what do you expect? Actually the writer was interviewed in Michael Medved last week. She isn’t quite as looney as the column sounds but said she has liberal friends who honestly believe that someone should kill the President. So she said she wanted to appeal to their practical nature and demonstrate that while obviously no one cares if killing or even discussing killing the President is an evil, hateful and illegal act, but they don’t want to hurt the ‘progressive’ cause. You know it’s really an enlightened theory to just bash your enemies over the head.

I’d say she had been out in the sun to long but you know how rarely it shines in Oregon

Lisa N
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top