There has never been another way of salvation. All humans, throughout all time, have been saved by grace, through faith. There were Jews under the law that were saved this way, and their obedience to the law was the fruit of that salvation. Not all of them fell into the error of believing they could be saved by works.
**I agree with your statement “All humans, throughout all time, have been saved by grace, through faith”. I also agree with your statement " Not all of them fell into the error of believing they could be saved by works."

**
This apparently is your belief, however, not all Christians beleive this way. Perhaps you believe that the ones who do not are not “true Christians”?
**Wow, this question, which is a very good question, could send this thread into another direction.
I am not here to judge anyone. I just want to provide information from scripture on what I have learned over the past 2 years. Without boring anyone I would like to provide my real life situation of what about “true Christian”. I am between 45-50 yrs old. I was baptized in a church when I was a child. I attended church weekly with my family for some 40 yrs. My great-grandparents were of the same denomination ( very involved) for at least 150 yrs. My parents are of the same denomination today. I taught church school while attending. The Holy spirit impressed me 2 yrs ago to read and search scripture…praise God. I no longer belong to that denomination. I still love my parents. I still believe they are Christians. However, when the Holy spirit impresses on my parent(s) to search the scriptures for the truth and they don’t listen, then they will have to answer to God. (Rom 2:13) (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
When one does not know the truth…(Act 17:30) And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
(1Jn 2:3) And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. (1Jn 2:4) He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. (1Jn 2:5) But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
**
**There are very good Christians in every denomination. The bible does say that there are wolves in sheeps clothing - in every denomination. (Mat 7:21) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. (Mat 15:8) This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. (Mat 15:9) But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
There are many Christians who believe they know Christ, yet there hearts are hardened with pride in the knowledge they have. Many Christians go on traditions that have been passed down throughout generations.**
Your rendering does not change the facts, Craig. The early Church celebrated Sunday because Jesus rose from the dead on that day. They called the 8th day “The Lord’s Day” because of the appearances He made on that day. They were faithful Jews, and also celebrated the Sabbath in the synagogue with other Jews (until they were expelled in about 70 AD).
Why did not any of the apostles, after Jesus, inform of the change in day of worship from Sabbath to Sunday? In regards to 70 AD… Jesus knew that the Sabbath was to be continued to be observed. Jesus informs the Jews of the destruction to Harod’s temple in 70 AD (Mat. 24:20) If the Sabbath was not to be continued to be observed why didn’t Jesus inform the Jews and say to them… after my crucifixion, worshiping on the Sabbath day no longer exist, you will worship on Sunday to honor my resurrection. When Jesus spoke to the multitudes and His disciples ( Mat 23,24,25) , He provides them with an overview of what will happen until He comes again. This would have been the opportune time to inform all that His Father has now changed the day of worship from the Sabbath to Sunday.
**Paul also preached to the Gentiles on the Sabbath. There are several references in the bible of Paul preaching on the Sabbath, no references to preaching on Sunday.
(1Jn 2:3) And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. (1Jn 2:4) He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. (**
This is a broad, sweeping statement that does not apply to all the Jews. there were some Jews that did understand the Sabbath, and followed the commandments out of love for God, just as David did, who wrote the Psalm you posted.
I totally agree with you.
I think this is a false statement…
Sorry, I must have not explained my thoughts clearly.
You are right it was man who perverted the Sabbath, by their selfish acts.
Yes, this is certainly true of many sincere Christians, who have not yet entered fully into His rest.
He wanted the Romans and Galatians to understand that they did not need to become Jews to be good Christians, and that if they chose to do so, they would be responsible for keeping “the whole law”.
**Would you provide me with the scripture verse for the above.
All Christians are to keep the …(Jas 2:10) For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
Do you know how worshiping on Sunday first began?
Did James, Peter and John keep the Sabbath as a day of worship?
Would you please help me and tell me how you separate the quotes from a previous reply. Thank you.
Thanks again for the dialog
craig
**