Commentary on Jude

  • Thread starter Thread starter COPLAND_3
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks very interesting but it is hard to read. Is there something I can click to disable the blue highlights and underlining?
If you are referring to the Bible text itself, those are the words that are linked to a concordance, which sorry to say I don’t have a feature to disable that. Below the Biblical text are the footnotes which are not linked to anything, with the exception of a word or so that I have linked.

I am still developing a standard format to go by, and would like to make it better, if anyone has suggestions I am open for them.
 
If you are referring to the Bible text itself, those are the words that are linked to a concordance, which sorry to say I don’t have a feature to disable that. Below the Biblical text are the footnotes which are not linked to anything, with the exception of a word or so that I have linked.

I am still developing a standard format to go by, and would like to make it better, if anyone has suggestions I am open for them.
Yes I am referring to the Bible text. The many links make the verses hard to read.
As for the notes I really like them.

For example the link below to the Code of Canon Law. It gives you the ability to hide the links to the concordance. I’m not technical but I was wondering if you could have that option built into yours.

intratext.com/IXT/ENG0017/_P2.HTM
 
Yes I am referring to the Bible text. The many links make the verses hard to read.
As for the notes I really like them.

For example the link below to the Code of Canon Law. It gives you the ability to hide the links to the concordance. I’m not technical but I was wondering if you could have that option built into yours.

intratext.com/IXT/ENG0017/_P2.HTM
I will look into that. If I can’t I could rearrange the text and put the concordance at the bottom of the page underneath the footnotes. Like I said, the project is a work in progress and continues to develop as I find new ideas to try.
 
I will look into that. If I can’t I could rearrange the text and put the concordance at the bottom of the page underneath the footnotes. Like I said, the project is a work in progress and continues to develop as I find new ideas to try.
I think you do a great job. I like all your commentaries and other things you do.
 
👍👍👍

You did my Patron Saint justice :extrahappy: :blessyou:

So much was covered in so little words in Jude. From an apologetic standpoint, it’s a mine of gold. One of my favorite letters.

The proclomation of the divinity of Christ in 4-5 and His pre-existence before birth in 5,
The existence of Hell and it being eternal in 7,
The Assumption of Moses in 9,
A highly possible oral tradition from Enoch in 14-15,
Telling us in 18-19 that the true flock of God will be under attack all the time. Those that attack are the ones that seperated from God, having not the Holy Sprit. Thus the Holy Sprit is only with the one true church.
The proclomation of the third Person of God, the Holy Sprit in 20.
In 21-22 it almost comes out saying our salvation is a ever work-in progress, telling us to keep in the love of God.

And with 24… in a sense, with the aid of other verses, this can almost make sense of Purgatory. Speaking of a presentation before Christ in a spotless, sinless state. We are all sinful, even at moment of death (if we did not recieve Last Rite). To come into heaven still with sin is not allowed, as we all know. And, as we all know, we need to be clensed before entering into heaven in Purgatory. This verse re-affirms that point that we will be presented in a spotless and sinless state, with observation of other verses, only by Purgatory. This is my observation, may be fallacious so I’d like to hear what you have to say about it.

Thank you again 😃
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top