Concert going sinful?

  • Thread starter Thread starter nivi2148
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nivi2148

Guest
is going to a concert for an artist who has a 98% idolatrous fanbase giving off scandal?
 
Last edited:
If you see the whole.event as idolatry then don’t go. Or if they use signs of established idols or magical signs and you just don’t feel comfortable with it. Just skip it. It won’t be entertaining for you in the end to go see and judge it all at the same time.
I’d like to know which successful artist isn’t idolized by his or her fans. Celebrity is based on it. And some even get cultish.
 
If it’s 98%, sinful. If it’s 67.98% or above, that’s the tipping point. SCIENCE.
 
Maybe this is one of those “living room concerts” with a handful of people: 🤔
 
Is this the concert you asked about before?
40.png
How to actually be sorry Moral Theology
Hi everyone so I have an issue going on that seems silly and quite frankly can a little unimportant to some. My favorite band announced that they were going to have a concert and I asked my mom if I could borrow money from her to buy a ticket, she told me that she would let me despite also saying she didn’t know if she had enough to pay the bills. I offered to return it but she insisted it was fine. While buying the tickets I couldn’t help but feel guilty and wonder if it was God telling me it w…
If the concert is not a near occasion of sin for you, go and have fun.
 
Yes it is. It’s just I’m afraid me being there and dancing and singing will like I guess make the other fans really excited like “oh look at her getting hype, I know right they’re so amazing” and get the idea to get even more crazy. And I even though well what if I go but just sing and dance more calmly and I thought well what if just me being there showing I like the artist and blah blah blah. I just really don’t want to encourage anyone to idolize. because these fans r really insane, theyre like how one direction fans used to be. Crazy girls.
 
I’ve been to many concerts in my day, and have been the performer at many more.

You can go to a concert, sing along, and not scream that you “love the artist”. IMHO, standing up to dance should only be done if there are not people in seats. It is rude to block their view of the stage.
 
Right. I’ve been to shows where there are no seats, and others where there are. If there are seats, you should be sitting in them. 😄
 
It’s just I’m afraid me being there and dancing and singing will like I guess make the other fans really excited like “oh look at her getting hype
The other people at the show are there to see the band, not to watch you dance or sing or do anything else. You are not part of the show. Other than your friends who attend with you, no one at the show cares. Dance and sing if you can do so without disturbing others or blocking their view or interfering with their listening to the band; just please be aware that people’s eyes are NOT on you at a show where they paid to see a band.
 
Yes it is. It’s just I’m afraid me being there and dancing and singing will like I guess make the other fans really excited

I just really don’t want to encourage anyone to idolize.
No. Really. That’s not going to happen. 😐
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top