P
paperbackwinter
Guest
On a radio program I hear, they were discussion Reconciliation and confessing your sins to God directly. The priest indicated that you can do this, but it must be a perfect confession, that is, you can’t be asking for forgiveness because you fear punishment in hell, but because you have offended The LORD. Most humans aren’t capable of this.
Then he said something I’d never heard about confession: Confession (Reconciliation) is a great gift that our protestant brothers lack. Because we have confession, we know our sins have been forgiven (John 20:22-23). Reconciliation allows you to have your sins forgiven with imperfect contrition. That was an incredible revelation for me.
Then he said something I’d never heard about confession: Confession (Reconciliation) is a great gift that our protestant brothers lack. Because we have confession, we know our sins have been forgiven (John 20:22-23). Reconciliation allows you to have your sins forgiven with imperfect contrition. That was an incredible revelation for me.