L
lefty22
Guest
I’m 16 years old, and I’d been away from the sacrament of Reconciliation since my first one back in 3rd grade – until last Sunday. I met with a priest about some other issues, but told him that I had fallen into some sin, and he asked me if I would like to go to Confession. I said yes, but told him I wasn’t sure how it was done really, since it had been so long. (Though I go to mass every weekend, my family doesn’t stress Confession.) I never fully understood the point of it until Sunday. I’m ashamed to admit I’d been straying more towards some Protestant ideas. But having the priest absolve me, and finally trusting that God forgave me… it was really kind of amazing, though I didn’t realize it right away.
At any rate, where I’m going with this is I have some questions about Confession and also the Real Presence in the Eucharist. Something about going to Confession kind of pulled me back towards Catholicism and reminded me that that’s where I’m grounded.
When you go to Confession, can you discuss other things with the priest? Like how does this kind of exchange normally work if there are other things outside the actual confession you wish to discuss? It was different for me this time, because Confession wasn’t the whole point of our meeting. I wasn’t really prepared to do it, and didn’t know what I was doing.
Also, what exactly is the Real Presence? How can I come to understand and appreciate it more fully and profoundly? Right now I’m not sure I really believe it, but I really would like to learn more.
Thank you so much!
~Lefty
At any rate, where I’m going with this is I have some questions about Confession and also the Real Presence in the Eucharist. Something about going to Confession kind of pulled me back towards Catholicism and reminded me that that’s where I’m grounded.
When you go to Confession, can you discuss other things with the priest? Like how does this kind of exchange normally work if there are other things outside the actual confession you wish to discuss? It was different for me this time, because Confession wasn’t the whole point of our meeting. I wasn’t really prepared to do it, and didn’t know what I was doing.
Also, what exactly is the Real Presence? How can I come to understand and appreciate it more fully and profoundly? Right now I’m not sure I really believe it, but I really would like to learn more.
Thank you so much!
~Lefty