G
graceandglory
Guest
What are the rules for choosing a Saint Name?
Can someone choose David from the Old Testament?
Can someone choose David from the Old Testament?
BUT… CAN You???I’m pretty certain you can. Funny, cause I’m going through RCIA right now, and I’m picking David as my patron saint as well =P
Prophet and King David is commemorated on the Byzantine Calendar by both Orthodox and Byzantine Catholics (as so far as I can tell, other Eastern Catholics) on the Sunday after Nativity.BUT… CAN You???
Is he a canonized Saint?
**
Must Confirmation Saints be Christian?**
Are you able to choose a Jewish OT Bible Hero as a Saint?
You better ask someone. I’m a catechist, and I don’t know. Granted I’m not a Confirmation Prep catechist…
THANK YOU!!! This is wonderful information! Thanks for taking your time to post! God bless you!Prophet and King David is commemorated on the Byzantine Calendar by both Orthodox and Byzantine Catholics (as so far as I can tell, other Eastern Catholics) on the Sunday after Nativity.
He is on the Calendar of the Carmelites on 29 December.
Mother Angelica’s own earthly mother was professed as one of the Sisters, with the name David for the same OT saint. She wanted a penitent.
And there’s also St. David (aka Dewi), first Bishop of Wales.
Yes. (I once knew someone who chose Melchizedek.)Can someone choose David from the Old Testament?
In fact, I chose the names of two saints of the other sex.I was told you can even pick one of the opposite gender if you wish.
bpbasilphx has already ably affirmed this, but see also #61Catechism of the Catholic Church.Is [David] a canonized Saint?
Awesome! Thanks for the LINK!Yes. (I once knew someone who chose Melchizedek.)
In fact, I chose the names of two saints of the other sex.
bpbasilphx has already ably affirmed this, but see also Catechism of the Catholic Church #61.
Yes. Any individual name from the Bible who has proven himself or herself in the Lord can be used for Confirmation.What are the rules for choosing a Saint Name?
Can someone choose David from the Old Testament?