confused

  • Thread starter Thread starter nelson_quijano
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nelson_quijano

Guest
Can anybody help me to understand that as per our canon law " that muslims together together with us are worshiping the same God". But, as I have read most writings of our saints says that those unbelievers/non-christian are damned.??
 
It is simply that Muslims do not have the full understanding of God’s nature, but nevertheless worship the God of Abraham, which is our God.
 
It is simply that Muslims do not have the full understanding of God’s nature, but nevertheless worship the God of Abraham, which is our God.
I’m cool with this. I seem to remember a different thread similar to this one where someone quoted either the Catechism or perhaps a pope speaking to this subject. My poor recollection was that there should some level of tolerance or solidarity. I’m sure you can find it po18.

nice to run in to you again sir. God bless.
 
It’s an answer that needs qualification. The best parallel example are the Jews. The Jews worship the one true God (since Christianity was the fulfillment of them), but they don’t have the full understanding of God (the Trinity). On one hand, since they deny the Divinity of Christ, there is one sense in which you can genuinely say they worship another god, while on the other hand there is a sense in which you can genuinely say they worship the same God.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top