Conservative? How?

• Thread starter Thread starter jlw
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jlw

Where do you fall? How do you see yourself?? These may be silly names, but as long as “labels” are all the rage, why not label yourself? 😃

Pragmacon?

Theocon?

Neocon?

Hawkcon?

Liberacon?

Constructacon?

Isolacon?

Practicon?

Cathlacon?

Classicon?

40.png
TPJCatholic:
Faithful Roman Catholic.
Not playing along?? :o

Frankly I like the term Theo-con. It is much more on point than merely conservative or neo-con which generally is translated as a nice way to disguise someone’s anti-Semitic leanings.

LIsa N (a proud theocon)

Lisa N:
Frankly I like the term Theo-con. It is much more on point than merely conservative or neo-con which generally is translated as a nice way to disguise someone’s anti-Semitic leanings.
I like theocon too. And, as TPJ Catholic might wince, but I am a practicon or pragmacon because I believe that the world of politics, there are ideals which MUST be strived for, yet there are practical realities that must be understood in order to advance the ideals.

40.png
jlw:
I like theocon too. And, as TPJ Catholic might wince, but I am a practicon or pragmacon because I believe that the world of politics, there are ideals which MUST be strived for, yet there are practical realities that must be understood in order to advance the ideals.
OK so a theo-practi-con? I like it! I also agree that it’s better to have part of something than all of nothing.

Lisa N

jlw,

Nah, I am playing along, its just that I try to make all my decisions through the lens of being a faithful Roman Catholic. I try not to tie myself to any ideology.

40.png
TPJCatholic:
jlw,

Nah, I am playing along, its just that I try to make all my decisions through the lens of being a faithful Roman Catholic. I try not to tie myself to any ideology.
Agreed.

I used to describe myself as the theological liberal and a liturgical conservative. I had said that I’d like to see a woman priest say the Latin Mass.

That’s changed a little now. After having been to my first in 35 years, I’m not as impressed with the TLM as I thought I’d be. But I’m still for a full-blown smells and bells Novus Ordo.

John

Sorry, TPJ, I snuck in on your response. Why not edit yours as I’m sure you don’t agree with me.

Cheers!

John

40.png
TPJCatholic:
Hey now, we agreed on something… 🙂
We agree on most everything. Our disagreements are …nuanced??

Argh!!! (Not a fan of that word!)

Faithful Roman Catholic except on issues of war and peace where I stand to the right of the Church and the left of George Bush (in secular terms).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back