Conservative? How?

• Thread starter Thread starter jlw
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
katherine2:
Faithful Roman Catholic except on issues of war and peace where I stand to the right of the Church and the left of George Bush (in secular terms).
😃 no way are you even conservative…who’d believe it 😃

Well, hey…maybe your just joking :confused:

40.png
katherine2:
Faithful Roman Catholic except on issues of war and peace where I stand to the right of the Church and the left of George Bush (in secular terms).
Right of the Church…meaning that war is necessary sometimes??

Left of George W Bush…meaning that he’s a republican, so he’s wrong. 😃

aimee said:
😃 no way are you even conservative…who’d believe it 😃

Well, hey…maybe your just joking :confused:

Never said I was conservative.

40.png
jlw:
Right of the Church…meaning that war is necessary sometimes??
War is necessary sometimes. The Church teaches that. I have tended to be a little more willing to use force than the Popes and Bishops have. Not a total fan of Paul VI’s Ostpolitik either.
Left of George W Bush…meaning that he’s a republican, so he’s wrong. 😃
Well, on war, I stand equidistant between Bush and the Pope. Iraq was a tough issue for me.

Of course, I remember WWII, when the liberals were the hawks and the conservatives were the doves. Politics is interesting.

40.png
katherine2:
Of course, I remember WWII, when the liberals were the hawks and the conservatives were the doves. Politics is interesting.
Sure is. And the democrats were the social conservatives in the worst way(Jim Crow), but still hawkish. And the republicans were the civil rights leaders who wanted to stay out of the war against hitler :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back