Contraception?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jasev
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an interesting thread. With regard to the Catechism of the Catholic Church, and also the Magesterium, I am guessing that many Catholics - if they read the Catechism from cover to cover - would find something that they either struggled to understand or disagreed with based on their life experiences, etc. I’m sure there are some who would say that we must agree 100% with the Catechism, or at least follow it even if there was an area of disagreement. I would venture a guess that many Catholics agree with 99% of the Catechism as well as finding several issues that they disagree with. And obviously this thread topic is one that perhaps the majority of Catholics take exception to.
 
Oran is taken out of context, but if you believe it so be it. I for one do not.
But we Catholics believe what God teaches us in Scripture and through the Church.

Maybe someday you will come to the fullness of truth!
 
This is an interesting thread. With regard to the Catechism of the Catholic Church, and also the Magesterium, I am guessing that many Catholics - if they read the Catechism from cover to cover - would find something that they either struggled to understand or disagreed with based on their life experiences, etc. I’m sure there are some who would say that we must agree 100% with the Catechism, or at least follow it even if there was an area of disagreement. I would venture a guess that many Catholics agree with 99% of the Catechism as well as finding several issues that they disagree with. And obviously this thread topic is one that perhaps the majority of Catholics take exception to.
Hmm, perhaps I’m an exception to the rule because I’ve given my fiat to the entire teaching of the Church, thus to Christ. I realize probably most people do have some difficulty with some teaching or another, but it should always be our goal to understand as fully as possible the teachings of the Church, and particularly the why behind it. Then, it becomes much easier to assent to the teaching.
 
Hmm, perhaps I’m an exception to the rule because I’ve given my fiat to the entire teaching of the Church, thus to Christ. I realize probably most people do have some difficulty with some teaching or another, but it should always be our goal to understand as fully as possible the teachings of the Church, and particularly the why behind it. Then, it becomes much easier to assent to the teaching.
Asking a lot of questions has always been a part of my personality. I think it is very healthy to ask questions and try to learn more about those areas where one either doesn’t understand fully or has disagreement.
 
Asking a lot of questions has always been a part of my personality. I think it is very healthy to ask questions and try to learn more about those areas where one either doesn’t understand fully or has disagreement.
Most certainly, though I think I would submit this. One should always understand that certainly the doctrinal teachings of the Church are infallible, and certainly none of them are arrived at for no good reason. It seems in this day and age the presumption is that they were arrived at because the Church is lead by a lot of fustrated sexually deprived old men who don’t want you to have any fun.

Rather, it is lead by some very dedicated men who are very learned and have spent their entire lives in the service of the Lord. More over, the leadership of the Church was given the Charism of the Holy Spirit’s guidence of all reveled truth. So doctrinal or not, I find a healthier starting point when evaluating any such teaching to be one of a presumption of truth, rather that the cynicism which is far more typical.
 
Most certainly, though I think I would submit this. One should always understand that certainly the doctrinal teachings of the Church are infallible, and certainly none of them are arrived at for no good reason. It seems in this day and age the presumption is that they were arrived at because the Church is lead by a lot of fustrated sexually deprived old men who don’t want you to have any fun.

Rather, it is lead by some very dedicated men who are very learned and have spent their entire lives in the service of the Lord. More over, the leadership of the Church was given the Charism of the Holy Spirit’s guidence of all reveled truth. So doctrinal or not, I find a healthier starting point when evaluating any such teaching to be one of a presumption of truth, rather that the cynicism which is far more typical.
I never approach potential areas of uncertainty or disagreement with cynicism. It is always with great respect, an open mind, and a prayerful desire to do the right thing.
 
I never approach potential areas of uncertainty or disagreement with cynicism. It is always with great respect, an open mind, and a prayerful desire to do the right thing.
That is terrific, and exactly what you should be doing. Always remain open, and pray for guidence from the Holy Spirit.
 
Hi Jasev,

From reading your posts, I get the impression that you truly want answers, and that you are not here to simply debate. If it were the latter, I, myself, wouldn’t waste my time debating. Since you seem to really want to ‘get’ answers to your many questions, all I can say is: -please be patient. And I mean that charitably. I know how frustrating it is to get some of the replies you have received. Our Church’s interpretation of the Gospels cannot be learnt, understood, and just plain figured out in a short time. After 35+ years of studying the Church’s teachings (since my twenties), I am still learning.

“Seek, and you will find”. But hey, it won’t be quick. If you are truly and selflessly seeking the truth, God is happy for you. And He will help and bless you in that. Don’t ever stop being inquisitive. And finally, pray that you can separate the goats from the sheep in these forums. God bless.
 
But we Catholics believe what God teaches us in Scripture and through the Church.

Maybe someday you will come to the fullness of truth!
Thank you maam i do have the fulness of the truth The Bible.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top