B
Bratislava
Guest
I have ran across this question few days ago.
I myself do not think that anything can be added to the Biblical canon.
However, on another forum I have read opinions saying that it might be possible. I must admit that I never thought about this question when I studied the Bible and its history.
I tried to look up the answer, i found resources saying which books are canonical and why (esp the deuterocanonical books), but so far I haven`t been able to find a document that clearly says that there can be no more books added in the future. Not even the Trent council of 1546 says that, if I understood correctly.
The member of the other forum who says it is possible is very interested in private relevations (both Church-approved and not yet approved) and seems to believe that God is continually adding new things to his Revelation…I think if it was up to him, he would add books of several mystics and visionaries of last 5 centuries to the canon.
Thanks in advance for any pointers in my research!
I myself do not think that anything can be added to the Biblical canon.
However, on another forum I have read opinions saying that it might be possible. I must admit that I never thought about this question when I studied the Bible and its history.
I tried to look up the answer, i found resources saying which books are canonical and why (esp the deuterocanonical books), but so far I haven`t been able to find a document that clearly says that there can be no more books added in the future. Not even the Trent council of 1546 says that, if I understood correctly.
The member of the other forum who says it is possible is very interested in private relevations (both Church-approved and not yet approved) and seems to believe that God is continually adding new things to his Revelation…I think if it was up to him, he would add books of several mystics and visionaries of last 5 centuries to the canon.
Thanks in advance for any pointers in my research!