Court hears 'religion no excuse'

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rearview_Mirror
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rearview_Mirror

Guest
Court hears 'religion no excuse’

A Melbourne Muslim woman who pleaded guilty to being involved in a car rebirthing scheme, claiming her religious beliefs required her to obey her husband, has been given a suspended jail sentence.

Shahida Karim-Hawchar, 24, of St Albans, today pleaded guilty in the Victorian County Court to six counts of obtaining property by deception and six counts of handling stolen property.

The court was told that Karim-Hawchar was linked to a criminal syndicate operating between NSW and Victoria in the early 2000s that was rebirthing cars.
…

theage.com.au/news/national/court-hears-religion-no-excuse/2007/10/04/1191091257466.html
 
I’ve heard of this type of crime before but I’ve never heard of it being called “a car rebirthing scheme” before.

If I steal a belt and wear it am I guilty of a waist line rebirthing scheme? No, that’s not a good analogy.

hrmmmmmmmmm

What if I stole a waste can, put a new line sticker on it and resold it. Then would it be waist line rebirthing scheme?

OK look, I just want a smaller waist line and I don’t want to do crunches. Can ya help a brother out or what?
 
Interesting turn of phrase, car “rebirthing.”

It means falsifying the identity of the vehicle, – making it appear to be a different vehicle altogether – to make it difficult to identify as stolen.

Blessings,

Gerry
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top