Just because I tend to be technical…
I find such statements as this to be a bit presumptuous…I don’t mean that in a nasty way…we all do it from time to time but really…
How many "Pre-Christian civilizations do we actually know about and what do we actually
know about them?
How many “pre-Christian” civilizations might there be that have not been discovered yet?
How does one define that this group is a “civilization” and that group is not?
And so how can anyone then say that “almost every civilization pre-Christianity had a better…”
Certainly I would not dispute the assertion that other civilizations had great knowledge that was, unfortunately, lost through the foolishness of other civilizations - - but I just wonder about expressing the idea in such a way as to make our more recent historical civilizations seem somehow backwards or evil or whatever…
Not trying to pick a fight…Just thinking with my fingers…
Peace
James