Crossdressing days

  • Thread starter Thread starter David98
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

David98

Guest
Hi! I am wondering if “gender swap days” at high schools are ok to participate in? It is wear men dress like women and women dress up like guys for homecoming. Thank you!
 
Why would you want to?
And why is that even a thing?
 
Last edited:
If it’s intended to promote the idea that people really can change their genders, then I think that’s pretty problematic and I wouldn’t participate. If it’s intended as just a campy joke, then I don’t think it’s a huge deal.
 
Oh, it’s just goofball fun. My daughters are already teasing their younger brother that he’ll be perfect for it when he’s in high school. He’s having none of it, of course.

What would irk me more is when people start protesting that these silly traditions are discriminatory against non-binary-non-CIS-transgender-Kaitlyn Jenners of the world.
 
Hi! I am wondering if “gender swap days” at high schools are ok to participate in? It is wear men dress like women and women dress up like guys for homecoming.
Sure, it’s just in fun.
 
And why is that even a thing?
In my high school, it was just like a day when some of the guys would jokingly dress like cartoonish versions of cheerleaders for the last period, and some of the girls would dress like guys, again exaggerated for comic effect. It was all very clearly a joke and had nothing to do with actual transgenderism or any of that.
 
Hi! I am wondering if “gender swap days” at high schools are ok to participate in? It is wear men dress like women and women dress up like guys for homecoming. Thank you!
I remember a variation on this theme from when I was in high school — a bunch of guys dressed in drag for a pep rally. It was a hoot! No harm, no foul.
 
Never heard of it. Personally I wouldn’t go because I’m too anxious to go to any of that stuff. I never went to any events or dances or proms or awards nights or senior banquets or senior cruises in HS. Anxiety is a kill joy
 
Such a sad sign of the times. Just a few years ago this wouldn’t even likely have been a question - just a silly tradition. Now, it’s burdened by all kinds of political and social baggage.
 
I went to all the school dances but I used to run the ‘bar’ (soft drinks!) set up and clear up at end of the night . Was not at all ready to dance with boys and doubt anyone would have asked me :laughing:OP just take part in the day and have fun
 
Last edited:
Have no fear: the political correctness net is ever-widening so that there are bound to be protests of this sort soon. And then the true crossdressers (not the transgender people) will protest that the transgenders are coopting their domain.

N.B: I am not arguing against either transgenders or crossdressers but against rigid PC practitioners.
 
Last edited:
Have no fear: the political correctness net is ever-widening so that there are bound to be protests of this sort soon. And then the true crossdressers (not the transgender people) will protest that the transgenders are coopting their domain.

N.B: I am not arguing against either transgenders or crossdressers but against rigid PC practitioners.
I believe the term of art you’re thinking of is “cultural appropriation.”
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top