M
MariaG
Guest
YES! The whole purpose of the Rosary is to focus on CHRIST! If your mom has been focusing on Mary, she has missed WHO Mary has been trying to point her to. CHRIST!I agree with Marie that your Mom i am guessing is getting up there in age and she will tend to start forgetting many things. If she remembers the prayers of the rosary it is because it is deep down in her spirit maybe the only words she will remember before she goes onto heaven. I think you can be thankful for this but don’t miss the oportunity to pray this with her because you will regret it and will miss the chance as is what will make the devil happy. My Mom had triple by-pass two years ago and we got her back. She wasn’t sure why she couldn’t go now she is 85. We had just finished reading there is purpose for everyone together but I had not come back to the faith yet. And then I did and I was taught the rosary and re-taught my Mom and we did it together. so there was a purpose in God’s plan. Please don’t miss this Newbi because after she is gone you won’t be hearing her anymore and you will be doing your own traditions and can ditch everything you have been taught. But you won’t have her prayers ither as I learned all those rosary’s were for me and I hope you find some one that you care so much about that you will be on your knees for so long looking at what Jesus did for us and pray. I also hope you took your laptop. dessert
Obviously before you could in good conscience do this, you have to learn the real teachings of the Catholic church to know that the rosary is not vain repetition nor idol worship.
But if all you family carries those around, you have a powerful witnessing tool that they are all familar with. Why not show them the REAL reason one prays the rosary, CHRIST!
Notice, I am assuming you are correct and your family does practice idol worship. But remember there is a possibility that you misunderstood but they do not. Be open to this humbling thought, if you choose to push forward and witness the True Christ and gospel of the Catholic Church, and not what you believe they practice.
We are saved by Grace, through faith in Christ alone. This message is beautifully witnessed in the Rosary and in the true teaching of the Catholic Church.
God Bless,
Maria