Crucifixes in your house

• Thread starter Thread starter Lorrie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ours are in the bedrooms above the doors.

The smileys on the crosses make me a bit uneasy too :confused:

The running line is that we have NO problem with vampires in my house - in the living room on one wall are many crosses and crucifixes, one cross is close to 3 feet long 🙂 There are others around the house, I’ve not counted lately…

We have one in our bedroom (where we can see it when we first wake up), and another (cross, though, not crucifix) on a wall above our wedding pictures. In the latter case, the cross is made from the copper from the old roof of the cathedral where we were married, and blessed by the priest who presided at our wedding many moons ago.

I have 3:

One on the back wall of my livingroom so when someone comes in the front door it’s right there; the 2nd is in my bedroom so it’s one of the first things I see when I get up. The third was recently purchased with a little collection from the Holy Land; soil, holy water from the Jordan, holy oil (olive), and incense. The cricifix is made of olive wood in teh center and it is all displayed in that little case in the center of my entertainment center near my carving of the Holy Family.

40.png
ThornGenX:
I plan on getting some, but right now my budget will not allow it. I may have one in my storage unit, but can not find it. When I strayed from the church, I lost track of where it was. 😦
Here are some VERY reasonably priced crucifixes if your interested.
autom.com/category1.jsp?path=-1|304477|304483&id=17406

Each of my children have one that they can take with them when they leave home. Hubby and I have one we received for a wedding gift. I have one that I had as a child growing up and hubby has his.

I see that it is no use arguing with the common day Catholic. You rely on your own righteousness to get you into Heaven. You believe your deeds surpass the deeds credited to you when you receive Christ’s righteousness by faith. Paul calls it a false gospel that isn’t a gospel at all. That was his whole letter to the Eph.

I know now my blunt statement will get deleted as well as my account, but the word of God will never see decay! It is clear faith alone saves without any effort of man, everything else derives from faith including works. I hope God will bless you and you will except the gospel and also have a place in eternity. Until then you are damned to the eternal flames of Hell.

Sola gratia, sola Christo, sola fide, and sola Scriptura equals Soli Deo Gloria!

By grace alone through Christ alone by faith alone, and also Scripture alone as authority will equal all the Glory to Him alone! God fulfils His purpose for the vessels of mercy and the vessels of destruction without fail. May you be a vessel of mercy and except His sacrifice on the cross and through faith alone be saved.

God bless you all.

40.png
YuRa:
I see that it is no use arguing with the common day Catholic. You rely on your own righteousness to get you into Heaven. You believe your deeds surpass the deeds credited to you when you receive Christ’s righteousness by faith. Paul calls it a false gospel that isn’t a gospel at all. That was his whole letter to the Eph.

I know now my blunt statement will get deleted as well as my account, but the word of God will never see decay! It is clear faith alone saves without any effort of man, everything else derives from faith including works. I hope God will bless you and you will except the gospel and also have a place in eternity. Until then you are damned to the eternal flames of Hell.

Sola gratia, sola Christo, sola fide, and sola Scriptura equals Soli Deo Gloria!

By grace alone through Christ alone by faith alone, and also Scripture alone as authority will equal all the Glory to Him alone! God fulfils His purpose for the vessels of mercy and the vessels of destruction without fail. May you be a vessel of mercy and except His sacrifice on the cross and through faith alone be saved.

God bless you all.
And exactly how do these statements pertain to how many crucifixes one has?:hmmm:

If you see no use in arguing with the common day Catholic than why are you here?:ehh:

*You rely on your own righteousness to get you into Heaven. You believe your deeds surpass the deeds credited to you when you receive Christ’s righteousness by faith. *You come to Catholic site to tell us what we believe? How could my own righteousness get me to Heavan - that’s rediculous.:whacky: I believe my deeds surpass Christ’s - really? If that were the case I certainly wouldn’t be Catholic, because the church doesn’t teach that…

Both these comments are against what the church teaches. Go and study the Catholic faith some more, or maybe you should ask us what we believe because you obviously have been terribly misinformed by someone.

May God Bless You and may you always seek the God’s Truth.

By the way if your post gets deleted it’s because your comments are unrelated to the question by the original poster.

I have one above my desk in my dorm room, and in my parent’s house, there’s one above their bed, one in the dining room, and one above the entryway to my bedroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back