I Inquisitor85 Guest Jul 26, 2019 #1 I’m curious because it kept popping up on another thread I’m reading, but what sins actually result in excommunication?
I’m curious because it kept popping up on another thread I’m reading, but what sins actually result in excommunication?
T TheLittleLady Guest Jul 26, 2019 #2 Very detailed article: http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05678a.htm
1 1ke Guest Jul 26, 2019 #3 excommunication can be a penalty imposed as the result of an ecclesiastical trial, or it can be automatic for certain acts. http://www.vatican.va/archive/cod-i...uments/cic_lib6-cann1364-1399_en.html#TITLE_I.
excommunication can be a penalty imposed as the result of an ecclesiastical trial, or it can be automatic for certain acts. http://www.vatican.va/archive/cod-i...uments/cic_lib6-cann1364-1399_en.html#TITLE_I.
T thistle Guest Jul 26, 2019 #4 Inquisitor85 said: I’m curious because it kept popping up on another thread I’m reading, but what sins actually result in excommunication? Click to expand... Ferendae Sententiae Excommunication (requires formal proceedings): Canon 1378: The pretended celebration of the Eucharist or of sacramental Confession Canon 1388: Violation of the seal of Confession by an interpreter Latae Sententiae Excommunication (automatic): Canon 1364: Apostasy, heresy or schism Canon 1367: Violation of the Sacred Species Canon 1370: Laying violent hands on the Pope Canon 1378: Absolution of an accomplice Canon 1382: Episcopal consecration without authorization from the Holy See Canon 1388: Violation of the seal of Confession by a confessor Canon 1398: Procuring abortion
Inquisitor85 said: I’m curious because it kept popping up on another thread I’m reading, but what sins actually result in excommunication? Click to expand... Ferendae Sententiae Excommunication (requires formal proceedings): Canon 1378: The pretended celebration of the Eucharist or of sacramental Confession Canon 1388: Violation of the seal of Confession by an interpreter Latae Sententiae Excommunication (automatic): Canon 1364: Apostasy, heresy or schism Canon 1367: Violation of the Sacred Species Canon 1370: Laying violent hands on the Pope Canon 1378: Absolution of an accomplice Canon 1382: Episcopal consecration without authorization from the Holy See Canon 1388: Violation of the seal of Confession by a confessor Canon 1398: Procuring abortion