Curious about excommunication

  • Thread starter Thread starter Inquisitor85
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Inquisitor85

Guest
I’m curious because it kept popping up on another thread I’m reading, but what sins actually result in excommunication?
 
I’m curious because it kept popping up on another thread I’m reading, but what sins actually result in excommunication?
Ferendae Sententiae Excommunication (requires formal proceedings):

Canon 1378: The pretended celebration of the Eucharist or of sacramental Confession

Canon 1388: Violation of the seal of Confession by an interpreter

Latae Sententiae Excommunication (automatic):

Canon 1364: Apostasy, heresy or schism

Canon 1367: Violation of the Sacred Species

Canon 1370: Laying violent hands on the Pope

Canon 1378: Absolution of an accomplice

Canon 1382: Episcopal consecration without authorization from the Holy See

Canon 1388: Violation of the seal of Confession by a confessor

Canon 1398: Procuring abortion
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top