S
skigirl1689
Guest
We are invited to my cousin’s wedding in August and are planning on attending. However, my dad’s work is unpredictable and there’s a project just days before that very well could hinder us from driving to the wedding. It’s a 10+ hour drive, so it’s not like we can just go the morning of. He said to RSVP and we’ll just see how it works out.
It’s not my decision to make, and I understand he cannot control when they decide to do these projects; it’s an industry where they need to schedule shut-downs to get the work done.
But I am curious; what is the proper thing to do when you RSVP and then something legit prohibits you from going? Obviously, try to let the couple know ASAP, but is it rude to plan on going even with the possibility you won’t make it? I’m sure it happens a lot with life being unpredictable by nature but it still makes me kind of worried about it for some strange reason.
Thanks!
It’s not my decision to make, and I understand he cannot control when they decide to do these projects; it’s an industry where they need to schedule shut-downs to get the work done.
But I am curious; what is the proper thing to do when you RSVP and then something legit prohibits you from going? Obviously, try to let the couple know ASAP, but is it rude to plan on going even with the possibility you won’t make it? I’m sure it happens a lot with life being unpredictable by nature but it still makes me kind of worried about it for some strange reason.
Thanks!