I agree.
You are still very young, and the relationship is new, so perhaps it is still too soon to speak of marriage, but on the other hand, I met my ex-husband when I was 20 and he was 19, so I think I would be remiss if I didn’t offer some advice.
I was raised in a Reformed church, and marriage was never really discussed, but divorce was rare in my family. When I got married, I didn’t think the bible said much about marriage at all. In fact, there are numerous warnings in the bible advising Christians not to marry non-believers. With regard to those who openly reject Christ, at least one of the epistles (John or Peter) advises to keep your distance from such a person. My experience is that this is good advice.
My husband was a non-believer, but I always thought that, once he was exposed to life within a loving, Christian family, he would be converted. I met women who had been able to convert their spouses, and I had hope. I even thought that it was God’s will for me to demonstrate the truth of his love to my husband in order to bring him to the faith. That never happened.
Now, I’m not going to presume that, just because your boyfriend is an atheist, he is the same as my ex, or will do the same thing, but my husband left a week before my youngest child’s first birthday. That was 7 years ago. I don’t recall what he told the minister who married us, or the ones who baptized our children, but he always claimed he would support my faith. But supporting your faith is very, very different from being an active participant with you in your faith - and it does not generally involve sitting next to you in the pew on Sunday. You have many, many years of spiritual growth ahead of you. Someday, religion could become a huge stumbling block to your relationship or, at the very least, he could try to use it against you. Currently, I am battling trying to enter the Catholic church and finally do the right thing and expose my children (now 8 and 11) to a love of God. They tell me their father doesn’t understand why I am dragging them along on “my experiment.” Trust me - you do not want to end up where I am in 20 years.
Take time to make these decisions. Pray. And, if your faith means anything to you, don’t marry a non-believer. Some day you might find yourself in spiritual desolation, and not be able to share your feelings with your spouse because he would have no way to understand.