M
MikeInVA
Guest
When I read comments about how someone doesn’t want to waste their education by staying home it seems like being a SAHM is considered a less valuable role than others.
I loved daycare, I went to a Catholic kindergarten with nuns who played guitars. It was literally the best thing ever. Children benefit being around other children. It helps them learn social cues, become socialised and be around their peers.Fair enough, but I really believe that the lack of stimulation in daycare affects children negatively. I would never put my child in there.
I’m thinking of the old song now, Cats in the Cradle, lol.Katie777:![]()
What I see is people assuming there is only one right way to raise a family. There is not.In this society though, people place more value on the material and thier status of this world then family. I see this everyday, and I personally believe that this is what the op is addressing.
Little children’s needs vary a lot according to age.Maybe it’s different in the US. But Irish daycare doesn’t have a good name. And the government are constantly trying to force parents into the workplace. It’s nothing personal…I just have a thing about it.
I don’t consider being a SAHM a less valuable role than any other. I didn’t even say it would be a waste of my education. I said that I feel that I have a gift when it comes to my profession, and I don’t believe motherhood requires me to discard that gift.When I read comments about how someone doesn’t want to waste their education by staying home it seems like being a SAHM is considered a less valuable role than others.
Yeah. None. I don’t believe sticking a child in daycare, or any institution, at a young age is good. I’m not going to change my mind on that. Others are entitled to their own opinions.But you as a future parent can discern which kindergarten your child goes to.