Deep Throat

  • Thread starter Thread starter wjhii
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wjhii

Guest
**Deep Throat:
Liberal Icon a Criminal. What a Surprise.
**
By N. Beaujon
June 1, 2005

Well, well, the man who brought down Richard Nixon has finally come forward to solve the decades-long mystery of “who was ‘Deep Throat’”? The mole who tipped off Washington Post columnists Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein to the burglary and subsequent cover-up at the Watergate Hotel was W. Richard Felt, former deputy director under J. Edgar Hoover and second in command at the FBI. It turns out Felt’s moral compass kicked in just about the time Richard Nixon passed him over for his entitled position as Hoover’s successor. Heroic? Indeed. (The remainder of this article can be read at nbeaujon.com/deep_throat.htm )
 
The MSM is discovering (to its shock) that this time around, Bernstein, Woodward and Deep Throat are not getting rave reviews.
 
All you who clamored for the “nude” airport screenings, and for the intrusiveness of the Patriot Act, and those of us who would give the Imperial Federal Government unlimited access to our private information so they can keep us safe, take note.

You might be safe, as long as it isn’t politically expedient for those entrusted with our information to blab it to the newspapers.

Remember the Clintons and the myriads of FBI files that Bill and Hillary had no idea about? What is it going to take until we realize that we do NOT want the Big Brother from Orwell’s novel 1984. I fear it is inevitable. Training is complete, technology is available and ready to deploy. Voices of reason are sufficiently weak compared to the clamor for the government to lead us to safety, so it’s just a matter of “when” and not “if.”

No, I’m not ONLY blaming Democrats here. Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely. Let’s not make the government into our mommy, daddy, the spouse who ran away, big brother, good neighbor, and every other role that empowers them more at the expense of true community.

Alan

More quotes from Neal Boortz’ favorite quotes page:

“The government consists of a gang of men exactly like you and me. They have, taking one with another, no special talent for the business of government; they have only a talent for getting and holding office. Their principal device to that end is to search out groups who pant and pine for something they can’t get and to promise to give it to them. Nine times out of ten that promise is worth nothing. The tenth time is made good by looting A to satisfy B. In other words, government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods.”[H. L. Mencken]

“If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.” [Samuel Adams]

“Under the higher law, under the great law of morality and righteousness, he is precisely as guilty if, instead of lying in a court, he lies in a newspaper or on the stump; and in all probability, the evil effects of his conduct are infinitely more widespread and more pernicious.” [Teddy Roosevelt]

“Do we really think that a government-dominated education is going to produce citizens capable of dominating their government, as the education of a truly vigilant self-governing people requires?” [Alan Keyes]

“Fascism finds it necessary, at the outset, to take away from the ordinary human being what he has been taught and has grown to cherish the most; personal liberty. And it can be affirmed, without falling into exaggeration, that a curtailment of personal liberty not only has proved to be, but necessarily must be, a fundamental condition of the triumph of Fascism.” [Mario Palmeiri]
 
Where did this “Deep Throat” label come from? :confused:

I’ve only heard it used in two contexts, and I’m not sure they are all that distinct!

Alan
 
The man’s name is W. Mark Felt, not Richard Felt. He was never No. 2 man to Hoover. Read a little of that era.
 
Just another Democrat dirtbag, part of the “permanent government” which took up residence in D.C. in 1933, interbred and never left. Elections don’t go their way, they work with the liberal media to undermine the administration (as we saw with State under Eisenhower and the CIA these last few years).
 
wjhii said:
**Deep Throat:
Liberal Icon a Criminal. What a Surprise.
**
By N. Beaujon
June 1, 2005

Well, well, the man who brought down Richard Nixon has finally come forward to solve the decades-long mystery of “who was ‘Deep Throat’”? The mole who tipped off Washington Post columnists Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein to the burglary and subsequent cover-up at the Watergate Hotel was W. Richard Felt, former deputy director under J. Edgar Hoover and second in command at the FBI. It turns out Felt’s moral compass kicked in just about the time Richard Nixon passed him over for his entitled position as Hoover’s successor. Heroic? Indeed. (The remainder of this article can be read at nbeaujon.com/deep_throat.htm )
 
40.png
heneggs1:
The man’s name is W. Mark Felt, not Richard Felt. He was never No. 2 man to Hoover. Read a little of that era.
From Woodward:

On July 1, 1971 – about a year before Hoover’s death and the Watergate break-in – Hoover promoted Felt to be the number three official in the FBI. Though Hoover’s sidekick, Clyde Tolson, was technically the number two official, Tolson was also ill and did not come to work many days, meaning he had no operational control of the bureau. Thus, my friend became the day-to-day manager of all FBI matters as long as he kept Hoover and Tolson informed or sought Hoover’s approval on policy matters…

About 9:45 a.m. on May 2, 1972, Felt was in his office at the FBI when an assistant director came to report that Hoover had died at his home. Felt was stunned. For practical purposes, he was next in line to take over the bureau.

Yet Felt was soon to be visited with immense disappointment. Nixon nominated L. Patrick Gray III to be the acting director. Gray was a Nixon loyalist going back years. He had resigned from the Navy in 1960 to work for candidate Nixon during the presidential contest that Nixon lost to John F. Kennedy.

As best I could tell Felt was crushed, but he put on a good face. “Had I been wiser, I would have retired,” Felt wrote.

================


Interesting that shortly afterwords he turned into a Washington Post spy inside the FBI
 
40.png
AlanFromWichita:
No, I’m not ONLY blaming Democrats here. Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely. Let’s not make the government into our mommy, daddy, the spouse who ran away, big brother, good neighbor, and every other role that empowers them more at the expense of true community.

Alan

]
Code:
Or our god…😃 😉

Blessings,
Shoshana
 
I don’t think Mr. Felt conducted himself entirely properly; however, I have trouble getting all worked up about something that happened before I was even born. Mostly I’m just fascinated by the unveiling of Deepthroat (and slightly amused every time I hear a sexual term spoken on the news).

I am glad that President Nixon was run out of office. I don’t agree with leaking details of an ongoing investigation to the public. Nevertheless, it is possible that Mr. Felt saw no other way to expose the corrupt Administration. The ends don’t justify the means, but I can feel some sympathy for him.

Finally, anyone who needs to keep a written list of all his enemies has too many enemies and needs to rethink his modus operandi.
 
40.png
Benedictus:
I don’t think Mr. Felt conducted himself entirely properly; however, I have trouble getting all worked up about something that happened before I was even born. Mostly I’m just fascinated by the unveiling of Deepthroat (and slightly amused every time I hear a sexual term spoken on the news).

I am glad that President Nixon was run out of office. I don’t agree with leaking details of an ongoing investigation to the public. Nevertheless, it is possible that Mr. Felt saw no other way to expose the corrupt Administration. The ends don’t justify the means, but I can feel some sympathy for him.

Finally, anyone who needs to keep a written list of all his enemies has too many enemies and needs to rethink his modus operandi.
Even back in the dinasaur days of Watergate, there were provisions to move items to the attention of the Congress (which has oversite) without leaking details to the press. Felt is no dummy, he knew of them. Instead he deliberatly chose to leak the information to the press. IMHO, to get back at Nixon for not promoting him. Pathetic.
 
40.png
gilliam:
Even back in the dinasaur days of Watergate, there were provisions to move items to the attention of the Congress (which has oversite) without leaking details to the press. Felt is no dummy, he knew of them. Instead he deliberatly chose to leak the information to the press. IMHO, to get back at Nixon for not promoting him. Pathetic.
You are right and he should be indicted and brought to trial for his crimes. Yes, even though he is an old man.
 
40.png
Lance:
You are right and he should be indicted and brought to trial for his crimes. Yes, even though he is an old man.
Not sure, but:
  1. he is too old and ill to prosecute
  2. I think he falls under President Ford’s amnesty.
 
gilliam said:
2) I think he falls under President Ford’s amnesty.

Not sure, but I think Reagan pardoned him, but I’m not sure if the pardon would cover any Deapthroat-related crimes.

Even if he could be prosecuted, I think it’d be best to let him be. He is 91.

In a way he is a hero in that he exposed Nixon, but the way he did it wasn’t right.
 
40.png
Benedictus:
Even if he could be prosecuted, I think it’d be best to let him be. He is 91.
Perhaps the best option then is for Congress to pass a resolution denouncing his criminal activity, to show that it is not OK for government officials to break the law, even in an endeavor to expose others’ wrongdoing.

They won’t do it; they don’t have the guts, and I suspect it’d go along partisan lines rather than actual facts.

Alan
 
wjhii said:
Deep Throat:

**Liberal Icon a Criminal. What a Surprise. **

**By N. Beaujon **
June 1, 2005

Well, well, the man who brought down Richard Nixon has finally come forward to solve the decades-long mystery of “who was ‘Deep Throat’”? The mole who tipped off Washington Post columnists Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein to the burglary and subsequent cover-up at the Watergate Hotel was W. Richard Felt, former deputy director under J. Edgar Hoover and second in command at the FBI. It turns out Felt’s moral compass kicked in just about the time Richard Nixon passed him over for his entitled position as Hoover’s successor. Heroic? Indeed. (The remainder of this article can be read at nbeaujon.com/deep_throat.htm )

Why such a name as this “deep throat”? Everytime I hear that name I get the willies. Sounds like something weird.
 
40.png
Benedictus:
Not sure, but I think Reagan pardoned him, but I’m not sure if the pardon would cover any Deapthroat-related crimes.

Even if he could be prosecuted, I think it’d be best to let him be. He is 91.

In a way he is a hero in that he exposed Nixon, but the way he did it wasn’t right.
Ok then take away his government pension.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top