Deep Throat

  • Thread starter Thread starter wjhii
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Lizzie:
Hoover died in May of 1972. At that time Felt/Feltz was #3. The break-in occurred in June of that year when newby Gray was #1 and Felt #2.
OK
 
40.png
Lizzie:
Hoover died in May of 1972. At that time Felt/Feltz was #3. The break-in occurred in June of that year when newby Gray was #1 and Felt #2.
The same year that so called movie came out?
 
40.png
misericordie:
The same year that so called movie came out?
Hopefully someone here can help me with my math: if a person gets paid 25,000 $ ayear, how mush woul that pay be every two weeks? Thanks PLEASE help.
 
40.png
misericordie:
Hopefully someone here can help me with my math: if a person gets paid 25,000 $ ayear, how mush woul that pay be every two weeks? Thanks PLEASE help.
unless this is a trick question:
25,000 / 26 = 961.54 per pay period
gross pay
 
40.png
AlanFromWichita:
unless this is a trick question:
25,000 / 26 = 961.54 per pay period
gross pay
Oh yeah. this is based on 26 bi-weekly payments. On most years there are 52 weeks and a day. If you figure that in, that could reduce it around five dollars or so.

Alan
 
…not many like whistle blowers! Unless of course they champion a cause you believe in…

…you would think most would appreciate truth regardless how it comes out… IMHO of course:thumbsup:
 
40.png
gilliam:
Correction, he was number three. The number two guy was very ill and seldom came to work.
No, Gilliam. Hoover died in May 1972, at which time Clyde Tolson was No. 2, but he retired shortly after Hoover’s death. Patrick Gray, a Department of Justice lawyer beholden to Nixon, was appointed by Nixon as Acting FBI Director, but was never confirmed by Senate as Gray immediately became enmeshed in corruption with the Nixon crew.

By the way, the district United States Attorney runs a Grand Jury, not the FBI. The USA is appointed by the President, Nixon in this case. Does anyone really think the Grand Jury route was open to Felt? Same thing with the Attorney General, John Mitchell at the time and another Nixon appointee who eventually went to jail with a Watergate crime. - he unbelievably got himself involved with G. Gordon Liddy, a loose canon if ever there was one who advanced all sorts of wild Watergate schemes at conferences at which Mitchell was unfortunately (for Mitchell) present.
 
40.png
AlanFromWichita:
I wish. Long story. Laid off, mental disability, really very ugly. Soon I will have to find an honest way to make a buck, but I not looking forward to anything that resembles returning to a cube farm.

Thank you for noticing I have no desire for revenge against this man or anyone else. Personally I have no desire for anyone to be punished for anything, except as pure instruction, and I accept it as a concession to how well our society can place limits on behavior.

My big beef is that what he did was clearly wrong, regardless of the ends. People do evil every day and God turns it into good, but that doesn’t mean the person who did the evil was a hero. It is this “hero complex” that I’m mostly against. Most of the time when I see people bicker it is as if there are two gangs of kids in a sandbox. Who is right is irrelevant; the question is whether our side is winning.

I trust you meant that sincerely, even with the “but” and all. I’ll try to be more civil in return, even though I have to admit I was pretty pleased at the way I responded to a couple of your comments. That’s just my pride speaking; pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Oh, please don’t ask me to “agree” to disagree. Nothing against you – it’s a personal thing. I will concede to a disagreement, though. Honestly I kind of forgot what we were arguing about and what our current status is regarding our contention. 😛 As you might notice I often speak as if I take things more seriously than I always do. If I really got all worked up about things that are wrong, then I’d go psycho.

BTW, thanks for the PM. Write anytime.

Peace,
Alan
Likewise, Peace, Alan. Note that I have never said Felt was a hero. In fact, he himself (when he had his faculties) that he was no hero for what he did. Whistleblowers are seldom, if ever, heroes. I believe it is family, grandson specifically, who calls Felt hero - and you can’t blame a kid for that.

I have merely been trying to recognize the pickle that Felt found himself in - he was at the time the operating head of the FBI (his Boss Gray, a Nixon sycophant; the Attorney General John Mitchel a Nixon appointee and Watergate insider; the local United States Attorney, who runs a Federal Grand Jury also a Nixon appointee. Felt chose to attempt to guide the Post reporters which action eventually helped bring down Nixon who, in effect, was desperately attempting to control the FBI’s investigation of Watergate. It’s easy to sit in judgment thirty years later as to the path Felt took to combat a President of the United States; Felt could, however, have just retired without getting involved as many other FBI officials did when they bailed out after Hoover’s death and who could undoutedly see or knew what was happening. To now start yelling that Felt, a 91 year old man with dementia, should now be prosecuted for illegality is really going overboard.

Heneggs1
 
40.png
AlanFromWichita:
Oh yeah. this is based on 26 bi-weekly payments. On most years there are 52 weeks and a day. If you figure that in, that could reduce it around five dollars or so.

Alan
so this would be a little OVER $900.oo dollars what, ever TWO weeks of Gross income??? Seems like a dumb question, but it is a legitamite question, thank you so mush for helping me out here.🙂
 
40.png
misericordie:
so this would be a little OVER $900.oo dollars what, ever TWO weeks of Gross income??? Seems like a dumb question, but it is a legitamite question, thank you so mush for helping me out here.🙂
Well??
 
40.png
heneggs1:
Likewise, Peace, Alan. Note that I have never said Felt was a hero. In fact, he himself (when he had his faculties) that he was no hero for what he did. Whistleblowers are seldom, if ever, heroes. I believe it is family, grandson specifically, who calls Felt hero - and you can’t blame a kid for that.

I have merely been trying to recognize the pickle that Felt found himself in - he was at the time the operating head of the FBI (his Boss Gray, a Nixon sycophant; the Attorney General John Mitchel a Nixon appointee and Watergate insider; the local United States Attorney, who runs a Federal Grand Jury also a Nixon appointee. Felt chose to attempt to guide the Post reporters which action eventually helped bring down Nixon who, in effect, was desperately attempting to control the FBI’s investigation of Watergate. It’s easy to sit in judgment thirty years later as to the path Felt took to combat a President of the United States; Felt could, however, have just retired without getting involved as many other FBI officials did when they bailed out after Hoover’s death and who could undoutedly see or knew what was happening. To now start yelling that Felt, a 91 year old man with dementia, should now be prosecuted for illegality is really going overboard.

Heneggs1
Felt was in a high enough position that he could have taken evidence of any criminal activity by Nixon’s men to the grand jury. Real whistleblowers occupy much lower rungs in organizations.

And if Felt was so upset about the DNC break-in, why is it that he ordered illegal FBI black job break-ins himself? A legitimate Felt could have gotten a judge to issue warrants for his break-ins.

Felt was not a man of honor.
 
Shooot. If I was in felt’s shoes, I would’ve done the same thing. maybe he was afraid that nixon or other republicans had “ties” and couldn’t go forward himself. He did the right thing. Nixon was a crook. he needed to step down. As far as the black bag jobs, isn’t it funny that it’s legal now through the patriot act? I mean, they do have to get authorization, but it’s from a secret court that’s not really held accountable. That’s the kind of dishonesty that’s rampant in our government. Leading is not deceiving.
 
40.png
misericordie:
Well what? Yes, a little over $900 every two weeks.

That’s like around $2,000 a month and $25,000 a year.

ALan
 
40.png
heneggs1:
Likewise, Peace, Alan. Note that I have never said Felt was a hero. In fact, he himself (when he had his faculties) that he was no hero for what he did. Whistleblowers are seldom, if ever, heroes. I believe it is family, grandson specifically, who calls Felt hero - and you can’t blame a kid for that.
I did notice a few posts back, so that took all the energy out of my need to respond.

I was not saying we should flog the old dude, just that he is not a hero and was portrayed sickeningly so by our local newspapers and seemingly others who don’t like Nixon.

I don’t really care about Nixon, because I was apolitical at the time. What I remember most about him was Rich Little impersonating him. Peace signs, flappy lips, “I am not a crook.” I may have seen more Rich doing Nixon than Nixon doing Nixon.

My previous three paragraphs began with “I” but this one didn’t. This one doesn’t. 😃 (My favorite subject.)

Alan
 
40.png
speedy5:
Shooot. maybe he was afraid that nixon or other republicans had “ties” and couldn’t go forward himself. He did the right thing. Nixon was a crook. he needed to step down. As far as the black bag jobs, isn’t it funny that it’s legal now through the patriot act? I mean, they do have to get authorization, but it’s from a secret court that’s not really held accountable. That’s the kind of dishonesty that’s rampant in our government. Leading is not deceiving.
Maybe he was afraid? What evidence do you have for this?

Felt broke the law many times. Felt was a crook.
 
40.png
AlanFromWichita:
Well what? Yes, a little over $900 every two weeks.

That’s like around $2,000 a month and $25,000 a year.

ALan
Thank you so much.🙂
 
40.png
AlanFromWichita:
Where did this “Deep Throat” label come from? :confused:

I’ve only heard it used in two contexts, and I’m not sure they are all that distinct!

Alan
I am tired of this title already! Why give something the name of some old movie?:eek:
 
40.png
misericordie:
I am tired of this title already! Why give something the name of some old movie?:eek:
How about “The Exorcist?”

Alan
 
regardless of his criminal activities, he still did the right thing. maybe he was afraid that the nixon admistration would’ve attacked his credibility. either way he knew something that should’ve been brought to light.
 
40.png
AlanFromWichita:
How about “The Exorcist?”

Alan
Well, the only thing is that for most people, the title The Exorcist does not REMIND them of some weird movie people talk about:umm, the title of the “movie.”
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top