Dem leader calls Bush a "Loser"

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tyler_Smedley
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tyler_Smedley

Guest
LESSON IN POLITICS: Reid calls president ‘loser’

By ERIN NEFF
REVIEW-JOURNAL

Sen. Harry Reid

In the course of a discussion on filibusters and Senate rules, Washington’s top Democrat gave the 60 juniors a lesson in partisan politics, particularly about the commander in chief. “The man’s father is a wonderful human being,” Reid said in response to a question about President Bush’s policies. "I think this guy is a loser.

“I think President Bush is doing a bad job,” he added to a handful of chuckles.

“He’s driving this country into bankruptcy,” Reid said, referring to the deficit. “He’s got us in this intractable war in Iraq where we now have about 1,600 American soldiers dead and another 15,000 injured.”

Republican National Communications Director Brian Jones issued a statement calling the senator’s comments “a sad development but not surprising from the leader of a party devoid of optimism, ideas or solutions to the issues people care about most.”

Full article here:

reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2005/May-06-Fri-2005/news/reid.html
 
Tipical attacks from the demilibs, and name calling…a shame…
 
They degrade themself to Kim Jong IL’s level

I know Kim loves name calling
 
Senator Reid is emotional because 2005 is the 10th anniversary of his party becoming an official minority party. It’s like a birthday in reverse. Every year the party gets smaller and smaller, cries more and more.
 
Tyler Smedley:
LESSON IN POLITICS: Reid calls president ‘loser’

By ERIN NEFF
REVIEW-JOURNAL

Sen. Harry Reid

In the course of a discussion on filibusters and Senate rules, Washington’s top Democrat gave the 60 juniors a lesson in partisan politics, particularly about the commander in chief. “The man’s father is a wonderful human being,” Reid said in response to a question about President Bush’s policies. "I think this guy is a loser.

“I think President Bush is doing a bad job,” he added to a handful of chuckles.

“He’s driving this country into bankruptcy,” Reid said, referring to the deficit. “**He’s got us in this intractable war in Iraq where we now have about 1,600 American soldiers dead and another 15,000 injured.” **

Republican National Communications Director Brian Jones issued a statement calling the senator’s comments “a sad development but not surprising from the leader of a party devoid of optimism, ideas or solutions to the issues people care about most.”

Full article here:

reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2005/May-06-Fri-2005/news/reid.html
He failed to mention that these were & are VOLUNTEER SOLDIERS. :yup:

I wonder exactly how many traitors there are out there, soldiers that refused to fight out of cowardice & fear. I’ll bet there’s just as many deserters as there are solidiers that gave thier lives. Too bad the deserters couldn’t have been the ones to have died.
 
Sen. Harry Reid said:
“I think this guy is a loser.”

And yet he beat the best the Democratic Party could throw at him, including fake documents touted by a major network, a factually-challenged “documentary,” and the millions of dollars dedicated by the likes of Soros for the express purpose of defeating President Bush.

:hmmm:

Impressive for “a loser.”

– Mark L. Chance.
 
40.png
mlchance:
And yet he beat the best the Democratic Party could throw at him, including fake documents touted by a major network, a factually-challenged “documentary,” and the millions of dollars dedicated by the likes of Soros for the express purpose of defeating President Bush.

:hmmm:

Impressive for “a loser.”

– Mark L. Chance.
YEP! This says it all! 👍
 
Tyler Smedley:
Tipical attacks from the demilibs, and name calling…a shame…
Yes, and I’m sure no “repucons” ever said such things about John Kerry or Bill Clinton. Heavens, no. :rolleyes: C’mon. It doesn’t make it right but I think that kind of stuff is typical from both sides.
 
40.png
Celia:
Yes, and I’m sure no “repucons” ever said such things about John Kerry or Bill Clinton.
The classic Bill Clinton excuse: “Somebody (or everybody) else does it too!”

I don’t recall a leader of Republicans in the Senate making a similiar public comment about a Democratic president. But maybe one did. Rather than use the “Clinton dodge” why don’t you find a comparable statement by Frist or Dole?

What is offensive about Reid’s comment is it will be used in Russia just when Bush is there.

But then that is nothing new. Barbara Boxer and other Democrats told the world and enemies of America that our Attorney General supports torture and our Secretary of State is a liar.
 
40.png
David_Paul:
The classic Bill Clinton excuse: “Somebody (or everybody) else does it too!”

I don’t recall a leader of Republicans in the Senate making a similiar public comment about a Democratic president. But maybe one did. Rather than use the “Clinton dodge” why don’t you find a comparable statement by Frist or Dole?

What is offensive about Reid’s comment is it will be used in Russia just when Bush is there.

But then that is nothing new. Barbara Boxer and other Democrats told the world and enemies of America that our Attorney General supports torture and our Secretary of State is a liar.
Oh, relax. I’m not looking to fight with anyone. If you read the next sentence of my first post I also said that it doesn’t make it right, just because I’m sure both sides do it. I just objected to the characterization of the “typical” response of democrats. I don’t think it’s typical. I’m not what you would call liberal but I’m not a republican either and I don’t think Bush is a loser. I don’t agree with him…but I don’t think he’s a loser. I thought that statement was painting with too wide of a brush and I stated my opinion.
 
The Democrats have nothing but name calling. They don’t have any ideas, or solutions, they just obstruct. They are out of touch with the majority of Americans (even Bill Clinton when he won did it with less than 50% of the vote).

When they lose, they think it must have been done by cheating, because in their fantasyland it is inconceivable that a party platform of abortion, fetal stem cell research, gay marriage, terrorist appeasement, higher taxes and obstructionism does not resonate with the majority.

Their minions attend speeches by conservatives, and instead of competing in the marketplace of ideas, or just being able to have a well-developed argument, they resort to throwing pies, salad dressing, or shouting out the speaker.

They are filled with hate and venom (just check out democraticunderground.org if you want to see some). They don’t like orthodox Catholics (eg Charles Schumer and his railing against people of “deeply held beliefs”).

No, the way I see it, they lost the election. They are losers, and they act like it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top