A
Amandil
Guest
There is utter enmity between God and Satan. There is no colaboration.I wonder how the logistics of this actually works. For instance, as I understand it, the Devil is constantly trying to ensnare people, so that’s potentially billions of temptations each day.* So, does God consult with the Devil – in advance – billions of times each day, deciding which people will be tempted and which won’t?
Satan and his devils are neither merely interested in the disinterested pursuit of something we call “evil”.
I believe that Satan wants a universe where anything and everyone is absorbed into him, void of any and all individuality, and therefore nothing or no one can say “I” except through Him.
What God obscures from Satan and the devils is that everything that they do in their pride to achieve that end only works to add to God’s glory in the end.
Temptation is one thing, possession is a whole other matter entirely.Except I’ve also read on these forums and elsewhere that even people in the state of grace – people who haven’t dabbled in any occult practices whatsoever – can also be tempted and possessed.
Those who have been possessed are so only because they have permitted it.
Satan is not alone in his endeavors. He has a host at his back. But still at best all they can do is tempt us. We all possess sufficient grace from God to resist and depend on His help. Its just myself, like many others, we get so wrapped up in ourselves in the trial we forget the myriad of helps available.
- However, I also understand that the Devil is not omnipresent, like God is, so it would seem that these temptations must be done individually, one at a time. If that’s true, then it would seem that the Devil could only tempt a very limited number of people each day.
But temptations are not impossible to overcome.