C
Church_Militant
Guest
I suggest that you contact the Vatican or perhaps post this in the Ask An apologist forum. Opinions on this are going to vary, but all you are getting right now is just that…opinions, and they are largely worth precisely what you are paying for them.I still don’t understand the issue. I have consistently been given conflicting information on what the Catholic position is on this issue.
Like I said, there is more to this than we have so far brought to light, and frankly I don’t think this discussion is going to go very far without more fact sources.How can the Catholic Church hold the postion that kidnapping is always wrong and the position that a man who was in charge of the Catholic Church and who orchestrated a kidnapping using the power of the Catholic Church is heroic in virtue? Are these positions in conflict?
My question still remains, what is your point?
None of us have the authority to deal with this issue regardless of whether it is right or wrong. What do you want from us?
Let’s put this in another light.
The current war in Iraq is controversial.
Should we condemn the president for leading us into it or is he a great hero and virtuous patriot?
I think it’s the same sort of value judgment…