F
Fitz
Guest
Since this is really the crux of the problem in the news I was wondering what everyone thought of the desecration of the book. I don’t think it should have been done if all the claims over the past 3 years are right.
One wrong is not corrected by another. The fact that these people were able to stone a woman that they claimed had an affair even if she were raped is not an excuse. The fact that insurgents behead people they want to do harm to, does not excuse desecration of a book. The fact that religious guidlines dictate that women are supposed to be hidden under a Burka so that they might not be an occasion of sin for men does not fogive a book being desecrated.
Pardon me, but I am having trouble. I know it was wrong if it did happen. What about the rape of our prisoners during the first Gulf War? What about it?
OK, so they take the book desecration as a symbol of disrespect for all that they are. I also take 9-11 as a disrespect for all the we are. It was an attack on our way of life. It was not just an attack on America, but all of Western thought.
One wrong is not corrected by another. The fact that these people were able to stone a woman that they claimed had an affair even if she were raped is not an excuse. The fact that insurgents behead people they want to do harm to, does not excuse desecration of a book. The fact that religious guidlines dictate that women are supposed to be hidden under a Burka so that they might not be an occasion of sin for men does not fogive a book being desecrated.
Pardon me, but I am having trouble. I know it was wrong if it did happen. What about the rape of our prisoners during the first Gulf War? What about it?
OK, so they take the book desecration as a symbol of disrespect for all that they are. I also take 9-11 as a disrespect for all the we are. It was an attack on our way of life. It was not just an attack on America, but all of Western thought.