My daughter loves them so much that she learned to make them.
Back when she was a teenager, she travelled with her boyfriend’s family to visit their relatives in Kentucky, who apparently spend their entire day cooking and eating huge meals. My daughter ate 14 deviled eggs–that’s 28 halves–in one meal.
To this day, when the people in that part of the country talk about my daughter, they say, “Is he still dating that pretty girl who ate 14 deviled eggs?”
(Actually, she married him in 2008, after they dated 7 years.)
Here’s what my daughter does.
She boils the eggs in the morning and cools them before peeling them and cutting them in half. Scoop out all the yolks. Mix with Miracle Whip Lite Salad Dressing to taste–sorry I can’t be more exact, but it depends on how many eggs you are making. We’re used to making dozens and dozens so that there will be enough for my daughter!
THEN–here’s the big secret that I learned from my mother and my daughter learned from me–add a few drops of pickle juice from a jar of sweet pickles! Mix it into the yolk-Miracle Whip mixture.
Scoop the mixture into the egg white halves. My daughter just uses a spoon, but if you want to improvise a fancy egg yolk squirter out of waxed paper, go for it. The spoon works.
When they are set out on a platter or in the Tupperware, sprinkle with paprika.
That’s it.
They are a very “sweet” deviled egg. My daughter hates the deviled eggs made with mustard, but I’ll admit–if I make deviled eggs for ME, I will add a teaspoon or so of dry mustard, since I prefer that flavor to the sweet.
Also, she hates any additions like diced crabmeat or sausage or ham bits or capers or chopped olives or jalapenos or even little sprigs of parsley or dill. It’s up to you–I tend to agree with her that these are familial preferences, and if you like any of them go for it. But don’t expect others to share your family’s preferences. For all I know, you may not like the pickle juice that our whole family likes.