Deviled eggs?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ac_claire
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was really joking about everybody using an hard boiled egg dish.
At times I’ve plastered them to a plate with enough saran wrap to anchor a hot air balloon.

Here in Texas, though, we’re as serious about our hard boiled egg dishes as any southerner. Ah declare, y’all, it’s just good manners to use one…
You would dare *joke *about deviled eggs?

Well, I’m from TX although I now live in the midwest. So maybe that’s why I’m so serious about my deviled eggs!
 
What? Doesn’t everybody use a devilled egg dish??? How else do you keep them from sliding around? 😃
just meant they are funny about those things in some places
True that! I think it’s a mandatory bridal shower gift in some places, like a coffee maker and toaster… no kitchen is complete without one (and extra points for the tacky ceramic chicken-shaped ones… or–God help us–the bunny-shaped one for Easter!)
 
Do you have a designated deviled egg maker in the family? In our family, it is me. Every family dinner, kage makes the eggs.
 
Miracle Whip is the key. The other ingredients are pretty much the same all around. Gotta love that tangy zip! 😃
 
I heard so many gross jokes about mayo when I was a kid, it put me off mayo and Miracle Whip for LIFE. The closest I get to traditional deviled eggs is substituting the sandwich spread that has pickles in it for mayonnaise.
 
I love mayo *and *Miracle Whip so wouldn’t mind trying both. I lean towards real mayo on principle. Re: the “devil” part of deviled eggs…I have a relative who insists on calling them “salad eggs!” for that reason lol.
 
Dang, now I got to go make us some deviled eggs.

Thanks guys :rolleyes:

I may not bother to get the egg dish out, seeing as there isn’t any company, and my youngest would probably eat them straight off the floor if I let her.
 
mommamia,
Now there’s a picture! Sort of like ‘bobbing for hard-boiled eggs.’
The way they slide around, it could be pretty entertaining…
 
0.o I had no idea there was such a thing as a deviled egg dish… maybe us Canadians aren’t as ‘in’ to them? 😛 The things you learn on CAF… 👍 But now I want to try making some of my own… 😃
 
So, I made 2 dozen deviled eggs for luch 😃

dd ate an entire dozen, leaving a dozen for the rest of us.

They were awesome!!
 
True that! I think it’s a mandatory bridal shower gift in some places, like a coffee maker and toaster… no kitchen is complete without one (and extra points for the tacky ceramic chicken-shaped ones… or–God help us–the bunny-shaped one for Easter!)
Hey the Bunny Shaped one you can get on clearance after Easter! Buy a dozen to have on hand for Bridal shower gifts :eek:.

We have the rubbermaid ones that fits nicely into that thermal casserole dish/cake pan thing so we can take them on picnics and to pot-lucks and not worry about them (I put several little blue ices in with them).
 
mammamia,
You’re joking, right? Please say no one really ate a dozen eggs…
 
Oh, wait…that’s only 6 eggs, not 12. THAT’S STILL TOO MANY EGGS FOR ONE PERSON TO EAT!!! :bigyikes:
 
Oh, wait…that’s only 6 eggs, not 12. THAT’S STILL TOO MANY EGGS FOR ONE PERSON TO EAT!!! :bigyikes:
No, 12 eggs. 24 deviled eggs over the course of an hour. My grandma was here and she was so upset she ate that many.
 
Uh…can you go into cholesterol shock…?

Also, egg whites stop you up big time. I’m getting a tummy ache just thinking about eating that many eggs!
 
Oh, wait…that’s only 6 eggs, not 12. THAT’S STILL TOO MANY EGGS FOR ONE PERSON TO EAT!!! :bigyikes:
Aww she was just hungry. If it was the wrong thing to do, she’ll pay later and probably won’t do that ever again lol.
 
Ok so I just a batch, and I gotta say they’re the best I’ve ever made! 👍

I used 1ke’s method for boiling eggs. The filling is:

Real mayo
a little dijon mustard
a little pickle juice
salt, pepper and a dash of onion powder
Paprika on top
 
My variation (I’m sorry, but I always just eyeball it to determine the mayo and mustard amounts, and I typically err on the “drier” side of things) is instead of any pickle or paprika stuff is a small amount of prepared horseradish. Gives it a little kick. Use more or less depending on how much “heat” you want. 🙂 Same goes for egg salad…

Margaret
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top