Devotion To Mary

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sister_Helena
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never prayed the rosary every day in my life until my recent experience with the dark night of the soul. Every day I would shake in my bed with the worst of the worst of thoughts, but somehow, someway I ran to our holy mother and started praying the rosary, and even though I feel dark, numb and lost I still reach out for her every day. To me now , praying the rosary is like breathing. The Holy Mother is someone whose compassion and love we should thirst for every day. Its ironic that it took this type of emptiness to truely appreciate her love for us. I will keep reaching for her and to Christ no matter what numbness tells me, no matter how bad things feel inside my soul. She is our mother and she loves us:)
 
I have never prayed the rosary every day in my life until my recent experience with the dark night of the soul. Every day I would shake in my bed with the worst of the worst of thoughts, but somehow, someway I ran to our holy mother and started praying the rosary, and even though I feel dark, numb and lost I still reach out for her every day. To me now , praying the rosary is like breathing. The Holy Mother is someone whose compassion and love we should thirst for every day. Its ironic that it took this type of emptiness to truely appreciate her love for us. I will keep reaching for her and to Christ no matter what numbness tells me, no matter how bad things feel inside my soul. She is our mother and she loves us:)
🙂 very true!! that is wonderful that she is helping you. 🙂 God bless
 
I have never prayed the rosary every day in my life until my recent experience with the dark night of the soul. Every day I would shake in my bed with the worst of the worst of thoughts, but somehow, someway I ran to our holy mother and started praying the rosary, and even though I feel dark, numb and lost I still reach out for her every day. To me now , praying the rosary is like breathing. The Holy Mother is someone whose compassion and love we should thirst for every day. Its ironic that it took this type of emptiness to truely appreciate her love for us. I will keep reaching for her and to Christ no matter what numbness tells me, no matter how bad things feel inside my soul. She is our mother and she loves us:)
I struggle with compulsive thoughts sometimes. There have been nights where lying in bed scared out of my mind by the thoughts in my head. The slightest noises would make me jump. You know how I fell asleep those nights? Clutching my rosary and praying.

I have social anxiety and something as simple as going to the doctor or dentist can be a very nerve wracking experience for me. Last Monday in the waiting room at the eye doctor I got stuck waiting 30 minutes for my appointment. In previous times I would have been a nervous wreck, but I was able to keep my composure and remain fairly calm because I spent the entire time praying the rosary in my head. The rosary has been a huge blessing in my life.
 
I struggle with compulsive thoughts sometimes. There have been nights where lying in bed scared out of my mind by the thoughts in my head. The slightest noises would make me jump. You know how I fell asleep those nights? Clutching my rosary and praying.

I have social anxiety and something as simple as going to the doctor or dentist can be a very nerve wracking experience for me. Last Monday in the waiting room at the eye doctor I got stuck waiting 30 minutes for my appointment. In previous times I would have been a nervous wreck, but I was able to keep my composure and remain fairly calm because I spent the entire time praying the rosary in my head. The rosary has been a huge blessing in my life.
Groundskeeper, Yes it can. Im starting to think that I am going through a dark night of the soul which is made even worse by my anxiety:( . I feel so exhausted and tired inside:(, but I pray my rosary each evening. I will not stray even though everything inside me wants me to stray. Im so glad groundskeeper that things are better for u, any kind of anxiety isnt pleasant to experience.
🙂 very true!! that is wonderful that she is helping you. 🙂 God bless
Thank you Monica:)
 
Groundskeeper, Yes it can. Im starting to think that I am going through a dark night of the soul which is made even worse by my anxiety:( . I feel so exhausted and tired inside:(, but I pray my rosary each evening. I will not stray even though everything inside me wants me to stray. Im so glad groundskeeper that things are better for u, any kind of anxiety isnt pleasant to experience.
Keep fighting and keep praying. It’s hard when you feel exhausted inside, but as the bible who says: *Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life which God has promised to those who love Him. - James 1:12 *

And I heard something on a Catholic radio station that really hit home for me as I’ve been struggling with anxiety again (though it’s WAY better than before) and I’ve been having trouble falling asleep again. I don’t remember their exact phrasing, but I have 99% of it right: “I am victorious because Jesus is with me. I can do all things because Christ is with me.” Those words are music for my soul. 🙂

Another bible passage that I think might help you (it’s one of my favorites) is Matthew 11:28-30 Come to me, all you who labor and are overburdened, and I will give you rest. Shoulder my yoke and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Yes, my yoke is easy and my burden light.
 
Keep fighting and keep praying. It’s hard when you feel exhausted inside, but as the bible who says: *Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life which God has promised to those who love Him. - James 1:12 *

And I heard something on a Catholic radio station that really hit home for me as I’ve been struggling with anxiety again (though it’s WAY better than before) and I’ve been having trouble falling asleep again. I don’t remember their exact phrasing, but I have 99% of it right: “I am victorious because Jesus is with me. I can do all things because Christ is with me.” Those words are music for my soul. 🙂

Another bible passage that I think might help you (it’s one of my favorites) is Matthew 11:28-30 Come to me, all you who labor and are overburdened, and I will give you rest. Shoulder my yoke and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Yes, my yoke is easy and my burden light.
Thanks again Groundskeeper, I will keep trying to persevere. It just feels so surreal and im starting to get pains in my chest when i breath in. Im fighting with everything I have. If I die , I will die screaming the lords name out. I also learned to say the sorrowfull mother rosary. She promises that anyone who says this all the time will see her face right before his death.

What a beautiful death that would be to have the comfort of the holy mother:)
I would definately die with joy.

I finally got a primary care doctor after months of running around behind my family members backs (except for my dad who I am very close to).

Groundskeeper ty so much for that inspiring verse, I will remember it every day:)
If you ever need to talk dont be shy to pm me ok:)
God Bless u
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top