R
robe69
Guest
Katharine Drexel was beatified by Pope John Paul II on November 20, 1988. From the age of 33 until her death in 1955, she dedicated her life and a fortune of 20 million dollars to this work.
I memorized her prayer which I found online at roman-catholic-prayers.com/saint/saint_katherine_drexel.htm
and it struck me as quite insincere… I think she was a priviledged person whom bought her recognition!
Was Katherine the last Saint? Do you think it is getting easier to become a Saint as time goes on? or harder? Do you think she would have been beatified is she didnt have all that money? I mean really… I know lots of hard working saintly people that struggle all their lives and give just as much time and energy and compassion but will never be recognized as Saints because they haven’t contributed the money or built the physical institutions - seems to me live the rich become Saints and the poor are just forgotten…
I memorized her prayer which I found online at roman-catholic-prayers.com/saint/saint_katherine_drexel.htm
and it struck me as quite insincere… I think she was a priviledged person whom bought her recognition!
Was Katherine the last Saint? Do you think it is getting easier to become a Saint as time goes on? or harder? Do you think she would have been beatified is she didnt have all that money? I mean really… I know lots of hard working saintly people that struggle all their lives and give just as much time and energy and compassion but will never be recognized as Saints because they haven’t contributed the money or built the physical institutions - seems to me live the rich become Saints and the poor are just forgotten…