Did LA's Mahoney Love the Sinner and Hate the Sin?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LourdesladyN
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LourdesladyN

Guest
I am curious about the take on this. From the Pope Benedict XVI Fan Club Blog. The third post down-

**In LA there were no sash wearers because the Rainbow Sash group “felt” welcomed. To welcome all people is a “Good.” After all, Jesus ate with sinners----------if not---------we’d always eat alone!

Of course I am directed toward the account of Zacchaeus (Luke 19.) You see, as Zacchaeus approached Jesus----------BEFORE he sat and dined with Him----------Zacchaeus repented.**
 
Hello All,

I’ve read Cardinal Mahony’s article regarding Same Sex Marriage. He affirms and, in diplomatic words, affirms that Church’s constant teaching on Gay Marriage. Irregardless of whether or not a person is in sin, everyone Catholic is still required to attend Mass on Sunday. So allowing Gays to attend Mass is justified. Now, whether or not they should recieve Communion is a different matter. The Rainbow Sash wearers are making a public statement of “protest” to Church teaching. This is a schismatic/heretical act. As a result, the celebrant and/or local bishop, has the right to deny Communion to those publicly dissenting from Church teaching.
 
40.png
RikasAngel:
Hello All,

The Rainbow Sash wearers are making a public statement of “protest” to Church teaching. This is a schismatic/heretical act. As a result, the celebrant and/or local bishop, has the right to deny Communion to those publicly dissenting from Church teaching.
I agree. However in the Archdiocese of LA they didn’t wear sashes. I guess that makes them like everyone else.

In Peace,
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top