
I disagree. How can you say such thing?
And where did you get this idea? Do you have proof that all the laws fall under the Old Covenant?
The mosaic law was given to the Jews on Mt Sinai - there is no suggestion in scripture that the mosaic law was given prior to that time, though I believe (and Catholic teaching is) that the moral law (10 commandments) was a form of natural law from the beginning.
As to the dietary laws (a subset of the mosaic law), note that first we were vegetarians (garden of eden), then after the fall, were given all animals to eat, then as part of the mosaic law, told to eat only clean animals, then in the NT, all animals were made “clean”: . . .
Some interesting scriptural verses are below:
Romans 7:4-6 (“So, my brothers, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit to God. For when we were controlled by the sinful nature, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in our bodies, so that we bore fruit for death. But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.”)
Romans 10:4 (“Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.”);
Galations 3:19 (“What then was the purpose of the law? It was added because of the transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come”);
Galations 3:23-4:7 (the law was a tudor - having coming to faith, we are no longer in need of the tudor (paraphrase of the many verses);
Hebrews 7:11-19 (showing that the law of moses was the basis of the Levitcal priesthood - but Yeshua is now our high priest, superceding the priestly duties of the Aaron and his descendants under the Mosaic law);
Ephesians 2:14-15 (discussing the law as a dividing law betwen gentiles and Jews - whcih is no longer necessary as we are united in Yeshua).
Col 2:13-17 (“When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,
having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross.
And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.
Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.
These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.”)
Jeremiah 31:31-32 (The time is coming," declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. It will not be like the covenant I made with their forefathers when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord.)
1 Cor 9:20 (“To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.”)
Notice how Paul said that to the Jews he became “like one under the law” and then notice the next phrase “though I myself am not under the law”. Then read a little further and see how he says that to those not having the law, he becomes like them “though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law”. Its interesting/significant that Paul makes an apparent distinction between the “law” of the Jews that he is not under (the Torah) and the law of God/Christ that he is under! This is very revealing both as to explain some of his behavior (as though he was under the Law with the Jews) and yet further highlights the distinction between the “Law” before Yeshua and the law after Yeshua
Finally - Matthew 5:17 (often cited for the proposition that the Law continues in combination with John 19:30 making it clear that the Law is no longer applicable and yet consistent with Mathew 5:17)
Matthew 5:17 (“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished”) - note the phrase “until everything is accomplished”)
John 19:30 ("When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit. “) - note the phrase " it is finished”.
In other words, the Law continued during Jesus’ ministry up and until his crucification and sacrafice for our sins - at which point the it was finished (all was fulfilled) and the “new covenant” fortold in Jeremiah 31:31-34 began - which was expressly not to be like the Mosaic covenant per those verses. Then the other above cited NT verses reiterate what the purpose of the law “had been” and how we are free from the law.
Blessings,
Brian