C
Celtic_Catholic
Guest
*I hope I’m posting this question in the right section. If not, I apologize.
My son will begin Confirmation prep next school year. I’m in a bit of a dilemma because I don’t really have anyone to confirm him. The close male Catholic relatives and friends I have don’t attend mass and haven’t for several years. And the men I am friends with who attend church are not Catholic. My uncle (who is heading towards his late 60’s) said he is willing to start attending church (eventually) so he could confirm my son. And that brings me to my question.
I understand that the gentleman who confirms a boy must be a practicing Catholic. However, how long does he need to particpate in mass before he could confirm a child? Does it vary from parish to parish? I would very much like to have someone younger confirm my son. And I know so many people but none of them qualify. I’m very distressed over this. And I’m also concerned that my uncle may not qualify either since he hasn’t attended church for quite a while. If he doesn’t, what are my alternatives?
Thank you for any responses.*
My son will begin Confirmation prep next school year. I’m in a bit of a dilemma because I don’t really have anyone to confirm him. The close male Catholic relatives and friends I have don’t attend mass and haven’t for several years. And the men I am friends with who attend church are not Catholic. My uncle (who is heading towards his late 60’s) said he is willing to start attending church (eventually) so he could confirm my son. And that brings me to my question.
I understand that the gentleman who confirms a boy must be a practicing Catholic. However, how long does he need to particpate in mass before he could confirm a child? Does it vary from parish to parish? I would very much like to have someone younger confirm my son. And I know so many people but none of them qualify. I’m very distressed over this. And I’m also concerned that my uncle may not qualify either since he hasn’t attended church for quite a while. If he doesn’t, what are my alternatives?
Thank you for any responses.*