Dilemma

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sometimes
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether she lives at home or not, her parents are not motived by religious reason, they are not practicing their faith and the stated reason by Sometimes is they are objecting due to fears of mental illness or a return to it. She is perfectly in her rights to go and gain the benefit of fellowship with others, Protestant and Catholic. She want to have faith in God and get some friendship and help and it is ridiculous to bring up CCC and tell her to obey her parents. Honoring your parents is not blind obedience especially when they don’t want her to go and have faith in God which they seem to equate with mental illness.
I’m not disagreeing with that. In fact, I was kind of saying the same thing, that this is most likely a decision that is ultimately hers to make, but give a different reason, namely, it is not in the best interests of their children for a parent to get them to do whatever the paren tells them while they are in College. The catechism says a child must obey while at home while it is for their own good. So it would seem that that doesn’t apply here.
 
I have no idea what to exactly conclude about Malachi Martin and some of his claims. I would really hope a number of his claims are wrong. However, he claims to have known people that have given their small children to Satan. In his novel Windswept House which I never finished and hardly read much of, I do recall a part where a Cardinal or Bishop preforming a Black Mass or something had some prominent man bring his little child girl and she was supposed to give herself to Satan or something. I forget exactly her role. But her conscience to her it was wrong and she disobeyed her father.

He can be heard on youtube with some of his former interviews. He’s dead now I believe.

I hope his claim about the Black Mass enthroning Satan inside the Vatican is not true :(. I know he he claims Satan and the Satanic followers in the Church have not yet gained hold of the Pope or the Papacy - their ultimate goal according to him. But I digress with all that.

amazon.com/Windswept-House-A-Vatican-Novel/dp/0385492316

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51dedLwCkxL.BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01.jpg

(one reviewer)
In all honesty, I might be dense here but I have no idea what this has to do with my post or this thread. :confused:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top