Divine Mercy Sunday Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter lakotak
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
In any case one would default to current ecclesiastical law on Indulgences Canons 992-997 per the 1999 revision if any question should arise.
Such would NOT be about the promise of the Private Revelation.

TWO different matters.

There is no “default” to Canon Law …for it is not a matter of the indulgence from the Church.

What I noted is the case…in terms of the promise from the Private Revelation: confession is made on the day of the Feast or as noted - it “may” take place “prior” to the feast (not after) for practical reasons (see above).

As the DM expert Fr. Witko noted to me:

“For the promises of the Private Revelation of St. Faustina you need a confession on the Feast or before. Not after!”
 
Such would NOT be about the promise of the Private Revelation.

TWO different matters.

There is no “default” to Canon Law …for it is not a matter of the indulgence from the Church.

What I noted is the case…in terms of the promise from the Private Revelation: confession is made on the day of the Feast or as noted - it “may” take place “prior” to the feast (not after) for practical reasons (see above).

As the DM expert Fr. Witko noted to me:

“For the promises of the Private Revelation of St. Faustina you need a confession on the Feast or before. Not after!”
Problem is, you added “not after”, the actual text does not say “not after”,
 
I think that it is rather confusing between what the Promises tell us to do, and what is necessary to receive the Plenary Indulgences, so I can understand where someone would be confused on when to go to Confession, and when to receive Communion, and so on.

I mentioned in another post about the Divine Mercy that I was lucky enough to go one year to a parish in my area that had an all-day Divine Mercy Feast Day celebration on Divine Mercy Sunday of that year. It was wonderful.

There was a Mass, and we had the opportunity to go to Confession on that actual Sunday, too. We were also able to venerate a relic of St. Faustina, too. We saw a video about her life, and then we also prayed the Chaplet together.

I will never forget that opportunity. It was amazing.

I will post a link here to the Marian’s website to their Frequently Asked Questions section.

They just mention that someone should go to Confession before the Feast of Divine Mercy, and that during the time of Lent, would be a good time to do that.

Here is the link:

thedivinemercy.org/celebrate/greatgrace/faqanswers.php?NID=45&type=general
 
Problem is, you added “not after”, the actual text does not say “not after”,
Fr. Witko who wrote the text I had originally quoted - wrote himself those words I later quoted.

Quote:

Fr. (Dr) Andrew Witko:

“For the promises of the Private Revelation of St. Faustina you need a confession on the Feast or before. Not after!”

The “not after” are* his words* in answer to this question.
 
Fr. Witko who wrote the text I had originally quoted - wrote himself those words I later quoted.

Quote:

Fr. (Dr) Andrew Witko:

“For the promises of the Private Revelation of St. Faustina you need a confession on the Feast or before. Not after!”

The “not after” are* his words* in answer to this question.
I admire Fr. Witko very much, but he is not in charge of establishing the conditions for indulgences for The Catholic Church. So, again, whenever a question arises with regard to indulgences one would refer to the ecclesiastical law on Indulgences Canons 992-997 per the 1999 revision.
 
I admire Fr. Witko very much, but he is not in charge of establishing the conditions for indulgences for The Catholic Church. So, again, whenever a question arises with regard to indulgences one would refer to the ecclesiastical law on Indulgences Canons 992-997 per the 1999 revision.
Right he is not in charge of establishing conditions for indulgences in the Catholic Church - very correct. But this is not about an indulgence given by the Church.

He is *not *…discussing Indulgences given by the Church. Not one word there has anything at all to do with the indulgence offered by the Church.

He is referring only to the* promise from the Private Revelation* to St. Faustina - of which he is an expert in terms of (asked even by St. Pope John Paul II to write on the subject).

Such is not about indulgences for the Catholic Church. Period. Nothing to do with them. A completely different matter.

Canons 992-997 per any revision have absolutely not a thing to do with this question.

Because he is* not *discussing the Plenary Indulgence. He is discussing only the promise in the Private Revelation.

Two different matters.
  1. Regarding the Indulgence offered by the Church - yes confession after the Feast is fine (within days permitted). (See the document from St. Pope John Paul II etc on such.)
  2. Regarding the other matter: that is the* Promise associated with the Private Revelation *-(which is a different thing)
Fr. Andrew Witko noted:

“For the* promises of the Private Revelation* of St. Faustina you need a confession on the Feast or before. Not after!”
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top