Do Catholics believe in Supernatural Gifts from God

• Thread starter Thread starter TruthSeeker3
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
With regard to seeing or claiming to see the spirit world this is a sin of grave matter so Catholics should not be into that at all.

Church teaching:

CCC 2116 All forms of divination are to be rejected: recourse to Satan or demons, conjuring up the dead or other practices falsely supposed to “unveil” the future. Consulting horoscopes, astrology, palm reading, interpretation of omens and lots, the phenomena of clairvoyance, and recourse to mediums all conceal a desire for power over time, history, and, in the last analysis, other human beings, as well as a wish to conciliate hidden powers. They contradict the honor, respect, and loving fear that we owe to God alone.

May I ask you to elaborate on what you mean by deliverance?
Does this rule include visions of Mary? or Angels?

The gift of knowledge, yes. I have received that myself on a couple of occasions. The charisms are both real and true. Not that many seek the use of them, or they employ those gifts without knowing, perhaps. But, all Confirmed Catholics have charisms.

When I forced myself to be humble and docile to the Holy Spirit, slowly but surely, amazing things began to occur.

Does this rule include visions of Mary? or Angels?
If someone is sitting around trying to “call up” Mary or the Angels to appear to them, then yes, the rule would include it. We are taught to never do such things.

If Mary or an angel were to appear to someone out of the blue, without any action by the person, then the rule doesn’t include it because the person is not engaging in any sort of divination or spiritism. They’re just going about their business and then God’s emissary appears to them, for God’s purposes and at God’s discretion. It is a private revelation that the person does nothing to invite.

Approved Marian apparitions never involve anyone trying to “call up” Mary to appear or trying to use Mary to tell them the future.

Last edited:
Probably the Magisterium and on the same bases of Scripture and tradition that we use for everything else. And that’s all I have to say on the matter.

Merry Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back