K
KMG
Guest
Again, the obsession with “requirements.” If one emphasizes over and over the point that one need only do the minimum (which, by the way, is written down nowhere)…well, that’s a pretty impoverished spiritual life.
The point, though, remains the issue of having a problem with praying to Mary. I don’t pray to St Joseph, but I don’t have a PROBLEM praying to St Joseph. This thread has revealed a definite attitude on some persons’ parts of having a problem with praying to Mary, and that is what is frankly not a Catholic position. Because we pray to Mary in the liturgy and not only in private devotion…and if we’re at the point of telling a priest, give me a different penance because I refuse to pray one of the most venerable prayers in Christendom…well…THAT is the real problem.
The point, though, remains the issue of having a problem with praying to Mary. I don’t pray to St Joseph, but I don’t have a PROBLEM praying to St Joseph. This thread has revealed a definite attitude on some persons’ parts of having a problem with praying to Mary, and that is what is frankly not a Catholic position. Because we pray to Mary in the liturgy and not only in private devotion…and if we’re at the point of telling a priest, give me a different penance because I refuse to pray one of the most venerable prayers in Christendom…well…THAT is the real problem.