Do Protestants really hate Catholics?

• Thread starter Thread starter LovelyLadybug
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is perfectly alright. I understand completely. I can also be pretty defensive when people seem to be putting down southerners. I apologize if I was being unclear.

God Bless!

I have a problem with Southern stereotypes as well. I have lived in different parts of the country, and the world as well.
My mother-in-law was ingrained from childhood with an anti-Southern bias so strong that she was not allowed to wear Rebel grey. Just imagine the conflicts when her son married a woman born in Texas. BTW Her mother liked me.
Both she and my father-in-law converted to Catholicism in a very Protestant region of Indiana. Anti-Catholic sentiment is not merely a Southern issue.

No, it’s the rosary procession, part of the Dominican pilgrimage to Walsingham, England.

I encountered strongly anti-Catholic sentiment at AA meetings. Even some Catholics were anti-Catholic, if you can imagine such a thing! I learned not to advertise the fact that I was (still) a practicing Roman Catholic, and that I actually loved the Church!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back