I agree, how’s this lessen it in terms of power? Where does Jesus say “I give you these powers only in accordance to Peter?”
My point would be that the Church, being Christ’s Body, is one in unity. However, because of
our lack of faith (Ye of little faith) division exists where there ought not to be. In other words, if we had within our hearts the True Faith, there would be no need for any Peter,or Pope, or Bishop, as we would be equal to these. Since our faith is weak,physical signs are given in order for us to keep the true Faith. Such signs express unity by being themselves unit elements.
The bishop is an example…Ignatius wrote that only one Bishop is found in a local Church and through him, is found the Church’s unity.
**IGNATIUS to the Philadelphians
CHAPTER 4
4:1 Be ye careful therefore to observe one eucharist
(for there is one flesh of our Lord Jesus Christ and
one cup unto union in His blood; there is one altar,
as there is one bishop…
IGNATIUS to the Trallians
2:2 It is therefore necessary, even as your wont is,
that ye should do nothing without the bishop;**
But, why was it neccessary to have only one bishop in every local church as oppose to several, if it were not to identify the unity within the church?
Now, what if the bishop entertained a certain teaching which is contrary to the Catholic Church, such as was found by one of Ignatius’ successor, Paul of Samosata? Since Paul was not in unity with The Catholic Church in teachings concerning the nature of Jesus, he was to be deposed, and replaced.
Therefore, the local bishop must be only a
representative of **something else **which truly must be considered the true source of unity, according to it’s sanctified nature.
The question would be what source of unity is at least hinted among the early christian writers? The only thing I can think of would be the church of Rome.
Ireneaus Book III
we do put to confusion all those who, in whatever manner, whether by an evil self-pleasing, by vainglory, or by blindness and perverse opinion, assemble in unauthorized meetings; [we do this, I say, ] by indicating that tradition derived from the apostles, of the very great, the very ancient, and universally known Church founded and organized at Rome by the two most glorious apostles, Peter and Paul; as also [by pointing out] the faith preached to men, which comes down to our time by means of the successions of the bishops. For it is a matter of necessity that every Church should agree with this Church, on account of its pre- eminent authority,6 that is, the faithful everywhere, inasmuch as the apostolical tradition has been preserved continuously by those [faithful men] who exist everywhere.
I understand this to mean “
the faithfull everywhere”, that is,
every church are preserving the apostolical tradition continuously by following the teachings of Rome.
Now, certainly, he continues and speak of all the ancient churches built by apostles hold also the correct doctrines, however, it seems, that Rome for certain reasons is the one that every church ought to agree with, if there are some dispute
concerning a certain teaching.
Am I saved ‘less’ than Peter because Jesus spoke to him in particular, and the rest of humanity in general?
No; the gift of Salvation is for all;and how one will be rewarded is up to Christ…and I put trust in His judgement

. Notice that Jesus revealed Himself to all of His apostles after He had risen from among the dead. He then said to Thomas “more blessed is he/she who believes yet do not see”. Therefore, the apostles (including Peter) are not “more blessed” because they have received direct revelations from Christ.
Also, if you look at post # 732,you will see that I do not view Peter as a man, but a Holy Office.
How do you know this? I’ve cited Church Fathers who say that they all got the keys, but you seem to think there’s two classes of ‘power’ granted here. What proofs do you have?
Again, I believe the Church, as One, has the keys…this means you and I as well. “If” our faith (yours and mine) were perfect, we would naturally be led by the Holy Spirit into all Truths…and I personally believe this will one Day happen.
But until then, we need a source where the truth is taught. I have Catholic priests and a local bishop. However, these days, I must say, they are not always in agreement with Rome…so who am I to listen to…them or the teachings coming from Rome?
Andre