J
JRKH
Guest
Fair enough/.I asked the question to see if there was any consensus as to what this passage of scripture is saying.
The consensus seems to be that you are misunderstanding - or perhaps mis applying - the passage.
How am I disobeying the Church by choosing to try and love God with all my mind and strength?
You made the following statement in your post…LOVE!![]()
I assumed from that statement that you had asked your priest about this and was told that it was not a sin…in other words…matching the consensus you are getting here.…
Regardless of what a priest may say about whether or not it’s a sin, I’m going to follow what is in my heart …
LOVE!![]()
Your priest represents the magisterium of the Church - duly appointed by Christ to guide you. So the Church, in the person of the priest tells you that you are misunderstanding this and the people here tell you that you are misunderstanding this…
I just wonder how it is you can so stringently hold to the one passage while basically ignoring the other passage - both are spoken directly by Jesus to us as disciples.
Peace
James