It’s interesting to me that the focus often inevitably on transwomen
Mainly because the examples I’ve read about recently are those of biological males who are trans women, who have dominated their sports.
As to the locker room, it may be that there are those men who are not comfortable with biological females in the locker room. I wouldn’t be. But I wouldn’t be
threatened. I know personally women who, due to sexual assault, would be
very threatened by a biological male in the locker room.
Remember sport is not always or solely about physical characteristics. Football for example has positions where agility, decision making, or kicking ability are paramount.
True. But it is a dominant one.
It may be that you have a woman who can play in the NFL or division one college football. But it isn’t very common, and likely won’t be. It’s probably more likely in other sports. I’ve wrestled and done Judo for years and seen women who are very tough and can compete with anyone. But again, it’s not the norm that they will compete at the same level as men. Testosterone is one factor, but other factors exist as well; hip biology, knee biology, etc.
We can’t say ‘Let’s be compassionate to Trans people’ and then just ignore the concerns of others.
So let’s address them as they wish (but lets not make it somehow illegal or illicit to if you don’t). Lets let them dress as they wish. If they are adults, and they want surgery, have at it. If they don’t, I’d encourage them to be happy as they are but to live the life they can as much as they want and can.
But let’s not pretend that their gender dysphoria isn’t also an unfortunate situation that might also have some limitations for them. That’s sad. But it isn’t prejudicial.