A
Arizona_Mike
Guest
Actually, it is. The gnostic world-view, which Bahá’u’lláh apparently incorporated into his own, is that God would not assume corporeal form, as it was beneath Him. Catholics accept that God, through his creation of the universe and his Incarnation into it, sanctified the physical world. It is why we have promoted its study through science, AMDG.Mike,It isn’t gnosticism to say that God is above corporeal existence, egress and regress.
What is our evidence for this claim that God is somehow above corporeality, other than Bahá’u’lláh’s assertion? Logic does not lead us to that conclusion. How can we place any constraints on God’s power? If God wants to enter into the world of flesh, who are you (or Bahá’u’lláh) to say that He could not, or would not?
Bahá’í writings often assert that one must be discerning and use reason to find the truth among the disparate writings of the different faiths, but it seems to me that many of the beliefs they promote cannot be deduced from reason or logic, and are simply based on the assertions of one man. If you credit that man as a manifestation of God, fine, you’ll accept his views. I do not.
I realize you are using a simile to make your point, but it’s not a very accurate one from a scientific standpoint - the sun will eventually expand and consume the entire earth, and any humans remaining on it, if the Second Coming does not arrive first.The understanding is that of the sun which does not physically come down to earth, but is always infinitely beyond human contact. The perfect mirror reflects the sun perfectly, but remains a mirror. The Manifestations are these Perfect Mirrors which reflect God’s Light and will, the means by which He communicates to mankind.
Again, is there evidence for this assertion, or since revelation is beyond logic, any signs by which we could trust the veracity of the messenger, especially inasmuch as his claims contradict those of the Messiah whose spiritual lineage he claims?“Know thou of a certainty that the Unseen can in no wise incarnate His Essence and reveal it unto men. He is, and hath ever been, immensely exalted beyond all that can either be recounted or perceived. From His retreat of glory His voice is ever proclaiming: “Verily, I am God; there is none other God besides Me, the All-Knowing, the All-Wise. I have manifested Myself unto men, and have sent down Him Who is the Day Spring of the signs of My Revelation. Through Him I have caused all creation to testify that there is none other God except Him, the Incomparable, the All-Informed, the All-Wise.” He Who is everlastingly hidden from the eyes of men can never be known except through His Manifestation, and His Manifestation can adduce no greater proof of the truth of His Mission than the proof of His own Person.”
The prophecies claimed for Bahá’u’lláh may not be the best sign to claim. Robert Heinlein and Isaac Asimov and Alvin Toffler all made predictions that came true, and probably more of them, and I’m not using any of them as my spiritual guides.
I should repeat that I have never had a bad experience with any of the Bahá’ís I have known or befriended. Much like the Mormons and the Sikhs who are my friends, there is much to admire in their personal lives, and their worldview and social viewpoints tend to align closely with mine, even if I can’t give credence to their religious beliefs.