Do you cheer, cheer for old Notre Dame?

  • Thread starter Thread starter svid2
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

svid2

Guest
Pax Christi!

They’re ranked #16 and leading 7-0 over Michigan.

I like 'em!

God bless!
 
I grew up next county over, so ND was our local college team.

Go Irish!
 
I grew up a Miami Hurricane fan in the 80s and 90s. ND and the 'Canes had an intense rivalry back then. So hating Notre Dame was a fun obligation lol! Now that I love Mary so much, its a little awkward rooting against them. Still love my 'Canes. Just love Mary more…Go ND:shrug:

They are certainly not “sparing the rod” on this child 31-0 now
 
No. They’re big rivals, as I graduated from Boston College, which, not too long ago, beat ND regularly. Then we hired a perfectly dreadful head coach who took the program into the toilet, and they are still struggling to get back. Very ironic that two BC alums, Mike Mayock and Doug Flutie, are on the broadcast team for tonight’s game. I long for the days of Matt Ryan. Sigh.
 
I grew up a Miami Hurricane fan in the 80s and 90s. ND and the 'Canes had an intense rivalry back then. So hating Notre Dame was a fun obligation lol! Now that I love Mary so much, its a little awkward rooting against them. Still love my 'Canes. Just love Mary more…Go ND:shrug:
Sorry, but it’s all about the I_I
**
G**O CANES!
 
Funny that there should be a thread on this. Ihave been thinking about this very question. We are all SEC down here, but since I converted and thought about Holy Orders one day… [naaah Im a little too old me thinks] should I be pulling for ND?

The Baptists have their college teams, then there is Brigham Young… soooo… should I be wearing green this fall?:irish1:
 
As a Brit, I have no idea what any of you are talking about here! 😃
 
As a Brit, I have no idea what any of you are talking about here! 😃
As a Yank who has lived in Brit-land, I would advise you not to lose any sleep about it. We loves our [American] football, especially at the college level, but in the long run, at tne end of the day, and in the final analysis, it’s really not that important. Just sit back and laugh at us 😃
 
Sorry, but it’s all about the I_I
**
G**O CANES!
I know! I know! :blush:I could feel Sebastian the Ibis’ eyes glaring at me as I made that post. My brothers would disown me if they knew I pondered such blasphemy. Please, tell no one. 😃
 
No, can’t say that I do!

And I don’t think they needed any prayers to beat Michigan this year, haha.
 
Yes I do. Since this is popular media I recommend the wonderful film “Rudy”.
 
It depends. They are not my favorite team. But they are top 5. Sometimes they get a little annoying though. And the fact that the school’s Catholic status is right up there with Pelosi does not help.

But yes, I cheer for them. Especially this year. A ND birth in the “playoffs” would mean one less birth for a conference. Dream scenario? ND, BYU and two SEC or PAC12 teams. Leaving 4 conferences in the dust.

Only then will the powers that be expand the “playoffs” to a meaningful 8 or 16 team format
 
As a Brit, I have no idea what any of you are talking about here! 😃
Don’t worry about it. If you live in a big American city with an NFL team, college football is the last thing they talk about. However, it’s a cash cow for gamblers and point-spreaders.
 
Don’t worry about it. If you live in a big American city with an NFL team, college football is the last thing they talk about.
Ehhhhhh… depends on the city. I can see your statement holding true in the Northeast. But college football is very popular in Chicago, Dallas, Atlanta, Phoenix, Seattle… well, you get the picture. Basically, if there are historically good teams in the area, it’s going to be a topic of interest.
 
Ehhhhhh… depends on the city. I can see your statement holding true in the Northeast. But college football is very popular in Chicago, Dallas, Atlanta, Phoenix, Seattle… well, you get the picture. Basically, if there are historically good teams in the area, it’s going to be a topic of interest.
True. In Seattle until recently, the Huskies were the hot ticket in town. And in texas college football is insanely popular. There is a reason why they don’t play on Sundays.

Then there is Cali. UCLA, CAL, And USC!? in the 90s USC was more popular than the NFL franchises there. I’d put USCs fan power up against the Raiders any day.

Then the south? Georgia? please. More Bulldog fans than Falcons…

Even the subject of this thread. ND. Probably has more nationwide fans than most NFL teams. Though in the state of Indiana, the colts reign.
 
Ehhhhhh… depends on the city. I can see your statement holding true in the Northeast. But college football is very popular in Chicago, Dallas, Atlanta, Phoenix, Seattle… well, you get the picture. Basically, if there are historically good teams in the area, it’s going to be a topic of interest.
Actually isca has a point. I used to live in the U.K. and there football is an entirely difference sport.

And Chicago loves its Bears; don’t let the newscasters sell you Northwestern tickets. And lucky for them and all local college teams that the NFL plays mostly on Sundays. Even high schoolers had to move most of their games to Friday nights now. They definitely get more coverage then.
 
Even the subject of this thread. ND. Probably has more nationwide fans than most NFL teams.
Sure, they practically own the networks on Saturday. Or at least one of them.They got to build them up as much as possible. Their name alone gives them an extreme advantage in getting the better talent, coaches, etc.

.
 
Even the subject of this thread. ND. Probably has more nationwide fans than most NFL teams.
Good marketing. They practically own one of the networks on Saturdays, even in their losing years. I would say it gives them a big advantage in getting the better players and coaches.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top