S
svid2
Guest
Pax Christi!
They’re ranked #16 and leading 7-0 over Michigan.
I like 'em!
God bless!
They’re ranked #16 and leading 7-0 over Michigan.
I like 'em!
God bless!
Sorry, but it’s all about the I_II grew up a Miami Hurricane fan in the 80s and 90s. ND and the 'Canes had an intense rivalry back then. So hating Notre Dame was a fun obligation lol! Now that I love Mary so much, its a little awkward rooting against them. Still love my 'Canes. Just love Mary more…Go ND:shrug:
As a Yank who has lived in Brit-land, I would advise you not to lose any sleep about it. We loves our [American] football, especially at the college level, but in the long run, at tne end of the day, and in the final analysis, it’s really not that important. Just sit back and laugh at usAs a Brit, I have no idea what any of you are talking about here!![]()
I know! I know! :blush:I could feel Sebastian the Ibis’ eyes glaring at me as I made that post. My brothers would disown me if they knew I pondered such blasphemy. Please, tell no one.Sorry, but it’s all about the I_I
**
G**O CANES!
Don’t worry about it. If you live in a big American city with an NFL team, college football is the last thing they talk about. However, it’s a cash cow for gamblers and point-spreaders.As a Brit, I have no idea what any of you are talking about here!![]()
Ehhhhhh… depends on the city. I can see your statement holding true in the Northeast. But college football is very popular in Chicago, Dallas, Atlanta, Phoenix, Seattle… well, you get the picture. Basically, if there are historically good teams in the area, it’s going to be a topic of interest.Don’t worry about it. If you live in a big American city with an NFL team, college football is the last thing they talk about.
True. In Seattle until recently, the Huskies were the hot ticket in town. And in texas college football is insanely popular. There is a reason why they don’t play on Sundays.Ehhhhhh… depends on the city. I can see your statement holding true in the Northeast. But college football is very popular in Chicago, Dallas, Atlanta, Phoenix, Seattle… well, you get the picture. Basically, if there are historically good teams in the area, it’s going to be a topic of interest.
Actually isca has a point. I used to live in the U.K. and there football is an entirely difference sport.Ehhhhhh… depends on the city. I can see your statement holding true in the Northeast. But college football is very popular in Chicago, Dallas, Atlanta, Phoenix, Seattle… well, you get the picture. Basically, if there are historically good teams in the area, it’s going to be a topic of interest.
Sure, they practically own the networks on Saturday. Or at least one of them.They got to build them up as much as possible. Their name alone gives them an extreme advantage in getting the better talent, coaches, etc.Even the subject of this thread. ND. Probably has more nationwide fans than most NFL teams.
Good marketing. They practically own one of the networks on Saturdays, even in their losing years. I would say it gives them a big advantage in getting the better players and coaches.Even the subject of this thread. ND. Probably has more nationwide fans than most NFL teams.