J
JMJ_Pinoy
Guest
Yes, except during Lent.
This is not the point. The custom of not eating red/bloody meat on fridays is do to the Lord’s Passion. It was said that Mary the mother of the Lord would not eat red/bloody meat after the passion. The custom took off and the believers followed her example but most just observed this pratice on fridays.My plan is do some other form of penance on Fridays. Meat is really no longer a luxury.
catholiceducation.org/links/search.cgi?query=fastingJust wondering…why is it that we must abstain from meats on Fridays (outside of Lenten Season), if that is what you choose over pentitenital practice, yet we can have cheese, eggs, etc…it seems like they all should not be allowed.
Do I have a clone? This could have been my exact answer. Western suburbs of Chicago by any chance?I obstain from meat on Fridays during Lent. However, growing up we always obstained and I love fish. When I go out I always order Salmon. So I think I should give up diet Pepsi on Fridays. I would be in more pain than if I gave up meat. It is one of those practices that outlives its intent.
Far southwest:MokenaDo I have a clone? This could have been my exact answer. Western suburbs of Chicago by any chance?
I’m just wondering…this was a totally new concept to me until friends introduced it about two years ago. I have since learned that the Church still teaches that we should either be abstaining from meat on Friday or offering something else up instead, so that’s what we usually do (though I’m more lenient when I’m preggo). Now, almost all of our friends abstain from meat on Friday. I’m just curious what you all think about this.![]()