Do you pray the rosary daily? Is it helpful?

• Thread starter Thread starter Fashina86
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fashina86

I pray it daily and have found that it is so very helpful… Try it!

God Bless… JMJ

Laura :getholy:

Though I do not pray it every single day I do pray the Rosary quite frequently. Sometimes I might not say it for a week but some days I might say it a couple of times. I find that my time praying the Rosary are the longest and most peacful moments I have ouside of Adoration/Mass.

40.png
Fashina86:
I pray it daily and have found that it is so very helpful… Try it!

God Bless… JMJ

Laura :getholy:
**I am praying it almost everyday, it’s very helpfull and good.
Keep praying, God bless you.

Yes, I pray it daily now. I started about 9 months ago. I really enjoy it and find it to be a powerful prayer.

I pray it during my commute to work. Probably not the ideal time to pray it, but the roads I travel aren’t too busy. I’m a much more relaxed driver for one thing. I frequently have new perspectives when I can immerse myself in the mystery like I’m actually there.

i try to pray it daily… unsucessfully lot’s of time… is it helpful?
you bet 👍

Yep - I pray it daily and I absolutely believe this is the source of my peace.

I also have my children pray a family rosary each Sunday. This has helped them become more faithfilled also.

You will be blessed.

It is very helpful. I am currently in the home-stretch of a 54 Day Rosary Novena in an attempt to be given more of the virtue of temperance.

It’s a good habit to get into, and I usually pray it in my car, during my Holy Hour, or in front of our home’s enthroned image of the Sacred Heart.

For the car trips, you may want to get one of the several audio tape/CD versions of the rosary. There are many, some may be really cheap or free (www.catholicity.com) or on EWTN Catholic radio.

As an added dimension of my rosary praying, I have learned most of the prayers in Latin (exc. the Creed) and I enjoy doing that sometimes too.

Cheers!
Marc

Hi all,

Do you continue to contemplate the Mystery as you pray the ten Hail Marys? If so, is this hard, do you have a technique?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Gene C.

Cada dia, you know it Laura 🙂

Helpful times 10 + 2 to the maxx, ehehe

Eamon

I have recently started praying a decade each night before I go to bed, and I have found it to be very helpful.

I try to pray it everyday. The desire to pray it is there every day, however, sometimes I just don’t make the time. my own fault I know.
I love the prayer and I have t say the choicest graces and miracles have come to me through Our Blessed Mother through the recitation of the Most Holy Rosary. It is third in line to the Holy Mass and the Liturgy of the Hours.

I pray the rosay most everyday on my communte to work, counting on my fingers (for safety). Not necessarily deeply meditative, and unsually do not complete all the mysteries, but, this is my creative attempt to squeeze this devotional prayer in my busy days. This helps to keep me mindful of God’s providence as I intercede for others.

I pray the rosary (well, at least 5 decades of it) daily and find it very helpful. Soon I will have the Rosary on CD which I look forward to.

40.png
Anim8:
I have recently started praying a decade each night before I go to bed, and I have found it to be very helpful.
That is how I started too. By praying a decade each night just before I fall asleep. Lately, I often fall asleep somewhere in the first decade.

I recently joined the Confraternity of the Rosary.
And I learned and memorized the 20 Rosary Mysteries only since January 1 this year. Having the mysteries memorized adds to my interest in praying the Rosary.

See rosary-center.org/

Gene C.:
Hi all,

Do you continue to contemplate the Mystery as you pray the ten Hail Marys? If so, is this hard, do you have a technique?

Gene C.
I am no expert. I’m only in RCIA and have only been thinking more Catholic since last July. For months I didn’t even worry about the Rosary Mysteries, but just prayed the “Glory Be”, “Our Father” and “Hail Marys”. Whatever I didn’t know I skipped.

Now I have the mysteries memorized. Thanks to reading “The Rosary – Chain of Hope” by Father Benedict Groeschel. It is an easier book to read than it looks.

How I have started to think about the mysteries as I pray the Hail Marys.

You can think about something repeating ten times with each decade of Hail Mary’s. On each bead, the repeating event happens again. Every time you pray the Rosary you can make it a little different. At this time, I try to keep it very simple. And even so, I usually stop thinking about the mystery by the third or fourth Hail Mary.

For example: (Sorrowful mysteries)

Agony in the Garden. Our Lord went back and forth several times to only find the Apostles sleeping. Jesus prayed more than 10 minutes (a bead for each minute of prayer). I try to stay awake in this decade, but if I do fall asleep I consider that I am certainly no better than any of the Apostles.

Scourging at the Pillar. Our Lord got more bloody thrashings than the ten “Hail Marys”. Think about there being one or two awful thrashings with each “Hail Mary”. It is hard for me to really want to envision it. I don’t suffer as He did. I’m only saying “Hail Marys”.

Crown of Thorns. There were probably more than ten bloody wounds on our Lord’s head from those long sharp thorns. For each bead, think of another thorn that caused another wound.

Carrying the Cross. Our Lord had to climb at least ten steps. And he took many more than ten paces (each bead can be a difficult and painful step). While praying this decade, think of how his mother Mary found him on the way to Calvary. And also think about how Jesus stumbled and could not carry the cross the whole way.

Crucifixion and Death of Christ. He shed more than ten drops of blood (each bead can be a drop of blood). There were more than ten around him. Jesus was on the cross for more than 10 quarter-hours (each bead can be a 15-minute period of suffering on the cross).

I suppose the same technique can be applied to each of the other Rosary Chaplets (Joyful, Glorious, Luminous). To find something in each decade to consider that there were at least 10. So that the repeated Hail Marys can each be a separate count of the repeated situation.

Gene C.:

Gene C.
I also have another technique of thinking about the Rosary Mysteries.

If a Priest can make the Sacrifice of Jesus present on the alter during Mass. Why not exercise your faith and make the Rosary Mystery present in your mind. How many Christians would love to go see the Holy Land? How many Christians would have longed to be there and actually see Jesus? So go ahead and take the trip. Make each Rosary Mystery actually present in your mind for a little while. Bring it alive.

When you begin another mystery, pretend you are really there. Speak a brief conversation as you think it might have happened. And after the conversation, pray a brief prayer to Mary to give her encouragement at that time. In praying the Joyful Mysteries, I pray to Mary to go to her Cousin Elizabeth. That Elizabeth’s home is safe. That they are family and that it is a good time to take comfort, relax and be with those who care for her with such love.

If you think you cannot do this, then ask Jesus to give you the grace needed to do it someday. Personally, I find that my desire to be there and to see it for myself is sufficient to feed my imagination. However, I should ask for such a grace from Our Lord. I do suppose that if you have faith, He will bring you very close to Himself as you pray the Rosary.

I hardly think that I am the first to think of either of these techniques. Because they are so simple. And I suppose that there are other techniques of how to think about the Rosary Mysteries.

I especially like this technique when I pray the Rosary of the Seven Sorrows. And I haven’t done it too many times. For example, I pray to Mary to encourage her to go to Egypt with Joseph and Jesus.

Hi JMM08,

Wow! You thought of those yourself? What a work of grace is happening in your life. (I thought you got it out of Father Groeschel’s book until I read your last paragraph.) This is exactly the kind of help I’m looking for. Thanks again.

Speaking of Father Groeschel, I will be going on Sunday to Church of the Holy Innocents in Manhattan (New York City) to hear him speak. He gives a lecture once a month followed by a time of fellowship and refreshment followed by the Mass. His topic has been discipleship and growing in grace. He is just like you see him on TV…very humble and gentle, with that smart sense of humor. He sits at the back of the church before the lecture, and again before the Mass, to talk to people. His walking is not too swift since the accident, he has an aide to help him, but his mind is as sharp as ever. I’m going to buy that book this Sunday.

Blessings,
Gene C.

40.png
Sanctus:
I find that my time praying the Rosary are the longest and most peacful moments I have ouside of Adoration/Mass.
:amen:

Personally, I would say praying the Sorrowful Mysteries are the most fruitful to me. I can’t imagine any meditation on the Passion of Our Lord to be otherwise.

Personally, I would say praying the Sorrowful Mysteries are the most fruitful to me. I can’t imagine any meditation on the Passion of Our Lord to be otherwise.
[/quote]

If you like the Sorrowful Mysteries, you will love the Rosary of the Seven Sorrows (it has seven groups of seven Hail Mary beads). And it was very easy for me to learn. I like the five decade Rosary best. But it seems to me that praying the Rosary of the Seven Sorrows complements the Rosary.

But pray for me that my love of the Rosary will continue, and not be a brief “phase” that I go through and forget someday.

I am still near the start (I’m only in RCIA). But I think it is best to balance the mysteries (Joyful, Luminous, Sorrowful, Glorious). Last Friday night, I tried to pray all 20 mysteries. I knew I had done them out-of-order when I got done. I had prayed (Joyful, Sorrowful, Glorious then Luminous). But if you pray them all together I think they are supposed to be chronological.

I like the Glorious the best. Because Mary is Queen of Heaven and Earth. The Glorious Mysteries are the fulfillment of our highest Hopes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back