Doc Martin fans?

  • Thread starter Thread starter KCT
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, definitely, but here (Washington DC area) the schedule is so inconsistent from week-to-week, between PBS beg-a-thons and re-runs of last season, that I don’t even know if the new season has started yet.
 
It’s a weird little show. Of course English villages are NOTHING like that…I mean the setting IS an actual English village but other than that…

We can’t seem to figure out when it will be shown either.

🤷

I think we’re at least a couple of seasons behind England though.
 
It’s a weird little show. Of course English villages are NOTHING like that…I mean the setting IS an actual English village but other than that…

We can’t seem to figure out when it will be shown either.

🤷

I think we’re at least a couple of seasons behind England though.
Even within the US it varies - the PBS station in Norfolk, VA is a full season behind the DC station.
 
Love it! Just watched the WHOLE THING on netflix the last 2 weeks!
 
Love it. Wish Doc and Louisa were married, but this was written to add to the drama.
 
Yes! My parents’ neighbor turned us on to it before it came on PBS. He had discs of one or two seasons. We watched it together and we all thought it was hilarious. Of course, we love British comedies and dramas and mysteries. My parents watch more of it than I do, but I like Downton Abbey. Anyway, we have watched all five seasons of Doc Martin; I watched Season Four on Netflix Streaming, and then we caught Season Five as it aired on PBS. We are anxiously waiting for Season Six to make it “across the pond”. I think Caroline Catz is gorgeous and I think the scenery is beautiful too. Sometime when I am back in England I want to visit Port Isaac.

FYI, there are two Doc Martin movies available in a two-disc set. The first one is simply titled Doc Martin, and the second is titled Doc Martin and the Legend of the Cloutie. Be aware that these were both made before the series was finalized, and his name is Martin Bamford, and he’s got a completely different personality and living situation. He’s actually living married in London, and becomes separated and flees to Portwenn to think about things and find himself. There is also a movie called Saving Grace that is even earlier, and was created by Craig Ferguson of CBS Network’s late-night fame, but it is a British film and Doc Martin is a minor character in a story that’s about a small village where an ordinary woman turns to growing marijuana to make ends meet. We’ve seen all of these films and they are great fun. You get to see a different side of Martin Clunes, that is for sure. But I would also like to see Caroline Catz in more things.
 
I am a fan of of all types of British shows especially Doc Martin, Mystery, Masterpiece Theater and BBC America’s Dr. Who.
 
Yes! My parents’ neighbor turned us on to it before it came on PBS. He had discs of one or two seasons. We watched it together and we all thought it was hilarious. Of course, we love British comedies and dramas and mysteries.
I’m not normally a fan of British comedies, but I do like Doc Martin.

I was saying to my husband that he’s a doctor w/ Aspergers. Dh thinks Doc is just really British.

Opinions?

I like his aunt who took over the farm. In some ways she’s a female version of Martin.
 
Thought you meant the shoes. Love brit coms will have to look it up.
 
I am glad you bought this thread up we are probably getting rid of our dish and sticking to Netflix. We watch lots of Brittish shows but mostly the dark creepy crime shows like Cracker, and Reebus. I am breathlessly awaiting Downton abbey’ season two to show up on Netflix so I can watch when DH is not around.
 
Thought you meant the shoes. Love brit coms will have to look it up.
Those are Doc Martens. The Brits would never write that name into a sitcom title, the Skinheads (violent white supremacist gang) wear Doc Martens.
 
I am glad you bought this thread up we are probably getting rid of our dish and sticking to Netflix. We watch lots of Brittish shows but mostly the dark creepy crime shows like Cracker, and Reebus. I am breathlessly awaiting Downton abbey’ season two to show up on Netflix so I can watch when DH is not around.
Have you seen “Wallander” with Kenneth Branagh? It’s a very dark show, rather weird because the character was written as a Swede but in this case, everyone is British, but every once in a while a few Swedish words are tossed in. There are only 3 shows per season; last week was the 2nd so one more.

Wallander
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top